Art of Shaving tallow soaps on clearout

Sounds too good to be true, but I've ordered a 3-pack of the sandalwood pucks so we'll see what turns up.
$35 USD shipped (used 'LIGHT10' coupon code for 10% off). That's less than $12 a puck.
Here's the link for anyone interested.
http://www.haircareandbeauty.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer=357&brand_name=Art%20of%20Shaving
artofshaving_sandalwood_soap_3_pack_1.jpg

Group-buy list: (list closed!)
1) fly3k, 3x Sandalwood
2) Wha burst the ba, 3x Unscented
3) FrankieG, 3x Sandalwood
4) cheesepiece, 3x Sandalwood
5) Dipesh, 3x Sandalwood
6) Nishy, 3x Sandalwood

List #2
1) MrK1, 1x Sandalwood, 1x Unscented
2) Omp, 3x Sandalwood
3) A - W, 1x Sandalwood, 1x Unscented
4) ollie9091, 1x Sandalwood, 1x Unscented
5) seejaysee, 1x Sandalwood, 1x Unscented
6) fancontroller, 1x Sandalwood
7) _Phil_, 1x Sandalwood, 1x Unscented
8) shyguy, 1x Sandalwood
9) isaiah53, 1x Sandalwood

Mr_Smartepants said:
Sounds too good to be true, but I've ordered a 3-pack of the sandalwood pucks so we'll see what turns up.
$35 USD shipped (used 'LIGHT10' coupon code for 10% off). That's less than $12 a puck.
Here's the link for anyone interested.

http://www.haircareandbeauty.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?manufacturer=357&brand_name=Art%20of%20Shaving

Great find! Somebody on eBay USA is selling discontinued AOS Sandalwood soap too, but at a much higher price.

How did you enter a UK delivery address as I only see the choice of United States as destination country on the checkout page?

Mr_Smartepants said:
Could be dodgy goods, I don't know. But worse comes to worst I've got 3 bath bars.
They're using the same stock photo from some ebay listings, so...we'll see.

Art Of Shaving and Czech & Speake tallow soaps are supposedly made by Valobra and are my favourite soaps! I've read reports that the soap on eBay is the real deal, so no reason to believe that this would be any different. It probably is clearout of AOS's remaining stock.

Mr_Smartepants said:
$35 USD shipped

Oh for God's sake, gimme a break here. You got me! Sheesh.

For anyone not familiar with the earlier AOS version: The old soaps were supposedly made by Valobra so the quality was excellent, or so I heard. Never bought any because none of the scents really grabbed me enough to spend serious cash. Too bad because the EOs used in the various flavors was high end stuff. AOS creams used the same EOs too and was actually a good value compared to many other creams. Yeah, it was only $22 for a larger than usual tub. Nice stuff.

Anyway, this sandalwood soap is a single note version that was considered a sorta sandalwood benchmark back in the day. The new reformulated stuff doesn't smell the same.....I have huffed both.

Well I ordered a 3 pack. Jeeeez, as if I need more shaving crap and it's even stupider than usual because it's soap this time. That 3 pack sale price got me. Now how the hell are you supposed to not buy any?

Th vintage pucks all originally sold for $26, which was more expensive than most. Seemed like they mighta got that kinda cash for it because of how good the soap was and the quality EOs used.

Hah, I am not even that crazy about how the AOS smells but will maybe keep em for bait. Well, I might use one puck.

Heck of a deal if it turns out to be real. Thanks for the tip.

Martin

FrankieG said:
How did you enter a UK delivery address as I only see the choice of United States as destination country on the checkout page?
I have a US mailing address that magically appears here in the UK. Convenient eh? ;)

dodgy said:
Oh for God's sake, gimme a break here. You got me! Sheesh.
Heck of a deal if it turns out to be real. Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome! ;)
I've got the AoS tallow lemon soap and it's got great performance. I was always intrigued by the sandalwood but was put off by the cost.

Lovely stuff the original AoS sandalwood formula soap...used to cost £20 for a measly 80g refill so that seems a deal. I don't like the fact those soaps aren't wrapped though especially as it's old stock so hopefully it has maintained it's whiff which I have always liked.

AoS SW balm is still one of my favorites, high quality all round.

Mr_Smartepants said:
FrankieG said:
I have a US mailing address that magically appears here in the UK. Convenient eh? ;)

I should get myself one of those magic US addresses :D I sent them an email asking for a shipping quote to the UK, but no reply so far.

The report from the guys in the US who have received theirs say these are the real deal.
The pucks are stamped as shown in the first post (no circle around text).
I can order more (until they're out of stock).
Anyone else besides Frankie?

Mr_Smartepants said:
The report from the guys in the US who have received theirs say these are the real deal.

Very kind of you. I would love a 3-pack of Sandalwood! Happy to pay up front for goods, postage, etc.

I assume they must only be there Mon-Fri as I tried to phone them yesterday and there was no answer.

FrankieG said:
Mr_Smartepants said:

Very kind of you. I would love a 3-pack of Sandalwood! Happy to pay up front for goods, postage, etc.

I assume they must only be there Mon-Fri as I tried to phone them yesterday and there was no answer.

No problem. I'll wait in case any others want in. I'll order them tonight.

Mr_Smartepants said:
FrankieG said:
Mr_Smartepants said:

No problem. I'll wait in case any others want in. I'll order them tonight.

Many thanks! I really appreciate it.

Mr_Smartepants said:

[/quote]

That's a real nice offer to help with acquiring a tough to find product. I admit to wanting an original AOS soap test drive for a long time so we will see what happens when it gets here.

Heh, also it's good knowing the stuff ain't junk. If I was a Limey (or other foreigner) member I would jump in and buy a 3 pack for sure. I mean jeeez, it's extinct!! Oh, the AOS unscented version being offered had good reviews for a lack of any scent.

FrankieG said:
I should get myself one of those magic US addresses :D I sent them an email asking for a shipping quote to the UK, but no reply so far.

There are services that do this (provide a US address and then ship on elsewhere), though not sure what the it would add to the cost. Hit up Google if you want to find out.

Back
Top Bottom