August 2017 Acquisitions

A tub of Gentleman's Face Care Club shave cream for £3.99 inc p&p, now that's a deal (gone a bit more expensive now).
Packaging was dodgy though; just held in place by flaps in a cardboard rectangular tube, Amazon-style. I was lucky the tub hadn't fallen out.

Tried it this morning and it performs very well. Scent is very subtle sweet sandalwood, maybe. It's a very thin cream but a small blob made loads of thick lather. Good performer but I'd say Maca Root Shave Cream from the Body Shop outperforms it. Even so, it gave a good protective shave from an aggressive razor this morning. Skin conditioning was good, neither too dry nor too greasy, very pleasant in fact.

BSbvx3MbfQj0T4BsXOt_QWfRGmd--ZRWOR7KH3wD-gJR8O8VCKwFBD1ENGr__ITFoA87y_t2z8aXDXaJukMHzjuBSpj2ojMVSu0WtJbUqRbjkVW2LtW5QqwjcCD5FmejkQRzpHyCPu4JxdS-6vTFfnBBPcirQaMPVI-XXiWfHC8Qa_kPRrLdj03zyfYx02XS99UxnS_9vBo03yCwGI_zQGSS20pM0jz0GbMh_C3vaxplWkMF2I9l2T2eIr0MLHP-MHU1B7mTr9tHU8c2fXBq8DowhesF5xCzU3fmkenWkMzdLIkakgOG_WnS-sDS0YnFgPh3FGD_vp1KyGTOqEpX4To3mtlk2y227INqP7EmLoloHEZSL45sdvcwZ05q_9sR3g6D1CJe1v7qVGmfOebXUqoQgBCmmM2rE3kdiplpI5sgBw5midJHmHICORpFpcatmzchk9QbziTyRBbsE5Ylx4PubdRtw27jo5M47BMvXtOR1Tf22eqAGM22o6llOTlNBiIzar70MXMvqamvj6udQrDLD7kGgqqX7qD1_MFwdn9mqAW47P5eqSOyoX9EzhkXbabZrEuwqoGdV0ESF1dV3gWkSmwG6CKhd-97H-vuyynd56CPGlQF=w600-h618-no

How did the process of swapping them work? I've been debating swapping mine out. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the updated version.
Cheers
If you have a V1 Core you should have got an email from OneBlade, the subject was "Updates to OneBlade CORE + FAQs". In the FAQ section of the email it said to email hello@onebladeshave.com with the subject Not Getting Great Shave from CORE. I did this and just asked how do I go about exchanging the razor and they sent me an email back with instructions and confirmation that a V2 Core was on it's way to me.

I will be trying the V2 Core in the morning, so I will let you know.

Last edited:
If you have a V1 Core you should have got an email from OneBlade, the subject was "Updates to OneBlade CORE + FAQs". In the FAQ section of the email it said to email hello@onebladeshave.com with the subject Not Getting Great Shave from CORE. I did this and just asked how do I go about exchanging the razor and they sent me an email back with instructions and confirmation that a V2 Core was on it's way to me free of charge.

I will be trying the V2 Core in the morning, so I will let you know.
Yeah i recieved that email I was just curious of the logistics of how they were going to exchange it. Did you send your core of first and when they recieved it back they send you a new one? If that's the case I could potentially be without a razor for over a month. Many thanks

A few things crept in last week...

1. Ming Shi Futur clone
2. Yaqi 24mm synthetic with Tuxedo knot
3. La Saponeria Artigiana Coconut - 1kg of

372260af7ba45a53811d8a93cd9955c2.jpg

1 & 2 are currently under evaluation. 3 is known good stuff
I see that Yaqi brush have a 30mm toxedo on offer for around £15 delivered, tempting but not sure how it compare with my ubersoft WD.

30mm Large Size Knot White Resin Handle Synthetic Hair Tuxedo Knot Men Shaving Brush
http://s.aliexpress.com/3ayuAJnm
(from AliExpress Android)

Edited, actually if you type Yaqi brush in Ali's search you get the entire range which I must say is very impressive.

Last edited:
I've been a busy little Bee today and managed somehow in the space of 10 minutes to sell my Timeless and buy a Blackbird O.C. in black. So it's all change in my razor line up, just how I like it. I prefer to trade as opposed to sell but sometimes it is the only way to do it. Luckily it's come out as a virtual swap so not only have I been a busy Bee I'm a happy Bee too. Fingers crossed I get on with the BB but if not Hey! that's what the BST is for so it's out with the old, Hone 15a and Timeless and in with the new BB. :D

I see that Yaqi brush have a 30mm toxedo on offer for around £15 delivered, tempting but not sure how it compare with my ubersoft WD.

30mm Large Size Knot White Resin Handle Synthetic Hair Tuxedo Knot Men Shaving Brush
http://s.aliexpress.com/3ayuAJnm
(from AliExpress Android)

Edited, actually if you type Yaqi brush in Ali's search you get the entire range which I must say is very impressive.
Based on a direct comparison between 24mm Ubersoft and Tuxedo, the latter is softer and holds water better. Well worth a punt imho

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Indeed it is. Quick whiff from the bottle yesterday. Smells good, familiar. Less musky than Wickham Citrus Musk but shares similarities. Also not dissimilar from Monotheme Agrumi Di Sicilia which can be bought from M&S but obviously less of an orangy vibe :p
I think I have a certain nose blindness (does that actually mean anything?) to certain scents. I just didn't get anything at all from it.

Indeed it is. Quick whiff from the bottle yesterday. Smells good, familiar. Less musky than Wickham Citrus Musk but shares similarities. Also not dissimilar from Monotheme Agrumi Di Sicilia which can be bought from M&S but obviously less of an orangy vibe :p

I found longevity wasn't great and was advised to use an unscented moisturiser before applying.
I haven't tried this yet but it makes perfect sense.
My Mrs doesn't like the scent but so what? !

I think I have a certain nose blindness (does that actually mean anything?) to certain scents. I just didn't get anything at all from it.
It does indeed! Some people physically cannot smell certain scents and some can smell certain enantiomers over others (the arrangement of molecules) which corresponds to the enantiomeric selectivity of the cells in the nose which pick up scent. Fun facts!

Back
Top Bottom