August 2017 Acquisitions

So I noticed a spot of corrosion on the head for my Thomas Clipper razor. I emailed them about it and said that I was concerned that it was going to progress from a cosmetic issue to a functionality issue. Without any hesitation they sent me a replacement which arrived today, some 24 hours later! It's only a ZAMAK DE head, probably identical to the Executive Shaving Braveheart head but it saves me £15 getting a new one from a reputable source or risking it for a fiver from China! Great service and very happy to help. Even sent me a hand-written note apologising for the issue I'd noted. Will be trying it out later I reckon.

Tuesday (I think, the days are merging into one), I received a tube of Coates Sandalwood and Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shave cream from @Ids1984. Which do I try first?! :D

Ha ha! Be good to hear your thoughts on it @shaunwistow For the price, I really enjoyed it. What do you think of the scent?

Well @Kevy i'm a relative noob to this rabbit hole. But as soon as I took the lid off I though to myself that I have a cream that looks similar in consistency & the sheen, that being the Executive bay rum. So the scent is something I like & it reminded me of D.R Harris Windsor. Thoughts?

Well @Kevy i'm a relative noob to this rabbit hole. But as soon as I took the lid off I though to myself that I have a cream that looks similar in consistency & the sheen, that being the Executive bay rum. So the scent is something I like & it reminded me of D.R Harris Windsor. Thoughts?
Yes, that's exactly what I would have said about it. I couldn't quite nail it with Windsor when I used it but it came to me after I used it.

MS - Extra Density 2 Band 100% Finest Badger Memphis / 26mm - eBay

I've had this for about a month now but didn't want to comment until I'd used it a few times. This brush actually reversed my thoughts (that I wouldn't buy another badger) due to all the discussions about the MS brushes.

It's bloomed a little but I must say that it was extra soft right from the get-go. I don't usually like badgers because to me they feel like a mop but this one being so dense felt completely different. In fact doesn't feel like a brush at all, more like a dense sponge. It is very soft on the face but I feel I miss the brush-like feel and get the wall-of-badger feel instead. So my verdict so far (10 shaves in) is that I prefer it to my past badgers but is in a different category to my synthetic, boar and horse brushes. They all are different and I like them all for their differences; much like my razors really.

h5suZDodXuNm3e7--MKDcnwNTMNQYUPgkrMrznnrd0q6EZe0hvdqkQyO_CXymIbZijaqH-41KG11kjXic2gue9-GD9mmaxNzQItmRVOiFxhZmuW75ZEDFhx3-5ySxMIzkpgrirDqZjgTlzbpXaiiiRU3-fpe-IaSfIWlHSXcPXjXmy9ziZlg3LJz_hUvbd-0PvWKkNsFyrFkwgm0O7h_j3cQFXZGr-K0N2etVvYawIszDjpdZOsu1EJPdVHUFvVNAP4jRkqETffmnaRfCaTyuO9V-PnkzIjlW-7wnCJGEk9WiR3Ij4CN0uRi1PwkbV-UglvuMkmKDdaZ_sxxNV_gVItQZ7xbdT5FH2GVMdhK801yJYSnpyYPHWzDvS2xNF3lNFEwz5rWnaKxWkT1p7GLdocCvem0QNoVYxSMuUq-oLKUtHz19s3uhsl4mLN0H4bnG0TUBylXF_ONdpuToIQFrHMRQ9i0ETdabpUl494dm3M-8HKDMdz7q6mh-hYbE4ihSLn1u86bLH3EXc0auIjOQ82iZzT1MT5DmpWei-PtHPJPdtRGS1dfj25SWv18iHIw-y8tA-jYGpuf2wqRBxFZ4SAooZQFjEabOfJXFT3eAf4BHrthVmXn=w535-h950-no
Stonking brush.

The postman rang twice today:

f74204494e048428d4538c6bd92e55fb.jpg

7e77c6e5aae4509ec8ff68820cfedf20.jpg

After reading all the good talk and seeing Victoria's lovely pieces on SOD's, I had to get myself one!

Little Wren Pottery Shaving Bowl, glazed in natural brown with side swept handle for my left thumb to aid a comfortable grip.

As you can see it showed no mercy to the Coate's Superior Sandalwood it whipped up!
Thanks to @Ids 1984 for supplying the 6 Coate's creams[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom