Automatic garage doors.

An interesting experience.

Had a visit from the garage door man.

First question. "What are you trying to achieve?"

"We are finding it increasingly difficult to open our garage door and would like to consider an automatic door opener."

Door inspected - it's a large double garage up and over door.

Verdict. All in good order but the problem will be solved by fitting new springs - total cost inc. VAT. £406.

Two options for automation.

Use existing door with springs replaced and fit start/stop operator. Total £946.

Fit new automated roller door. £2903.

We are going to visit the company to look at the operator in action as well as the automated roller door. Although I'm happy to consider each option my wife seems keen on just replacing the springs to see how she copes before spending any more on automation.

Fido said:
An interesting experience.

Had a visit from the garage door man.

First question. "What are you trying to achieve?"

"We are finding it increasingly difficult to open our garage door and would like to consider an automatic door opener."

Door inspected - it's a large double garage up and over door.

Verdict. All in good order but the problem will be solved by fitting new springs - total cost inc. VAT. £406.

Two options for automation.

Use existing door with springs replaced and fit start/stop operator. Total £946.

Fit new automated roller door. £2903.

We are going to visit the company to look at the operator in action as well as the automated roller door. Although I'm happy to consider each option my wife seems keen on just replacing the springs to see how she copes before spending any more on automation.

Refreshing that someone doesn't come along and say you need the most expensive option.

Fido said:
It's such a shame that this is considered "an interesting experience", and isn't the defacto standard anymore.
He's given you the best options in my opinion, without upselling at all cost.
Do get another quote, but if the price is similar, it's businesses like these that you should support. This is how you get customer loyalty ;)

Do make sure that if you go with any solution, to make sure that the salesman you met is the one selling you the final solution, he works on commission, and making shure he gets his share would only be fair.

M.

The Managing Director of the firm came to do the quote as the normal estimator was on holiday. A really engaging character. I'll only get another quote if I want to explore the roller door option further. The other prices are reasonable. About two ot three Plissons.

Back
Top Bottom