B&N Nook e-readers and tablets slashed in price

Tried to see if they were having any specials in the US. (Mothers Day is next Sunday) No! No one plans on having a sale on Nooks.

Eight days in and no sign of my nook at all with no contact from the company. When I log into my account it says "order in progress"
Their chat thing always tells me to come back later because they are busy.
Just sent them an email..... We'll see but I'm not hopeful. I wonder how smart you have to be to buy in extra stock because you are having a promo and might sell a few more units......... :huh:

mulligano said:
Has anyone else here ordered one with this offer? Did they fulfill it? Maybe I'm being cynical, but to me it seems like they had no intention of fufilling my order - the BS about my card was dodgy to begin with.

They did have a fairly standard screw up - anti-fraud protection kicked in at their bank when they got swamped with a shed load of orders. If you successfully placed an order you will get it. Based on what the Count says, they've at least caught up to May 2nd orders...

mine ordered 1st may
no sign of delivery, emailed sun relplied weds saying
"due to demand blah blah ..."
so emailed back told them to cancel order and added a few words about customer service etc
not that they'll take any notice

just got to sell my black nook cover now £10 plus p&p and fees if anybody wants it

My, you chaps are a hasty bunch aren't you? Give them a bit of time and they'll work it all out, as said above they just aren't geared up for selling that many units in such a short time.

Just to pour salt on the wounds of those orderer/cancellers UPS turned up here about an hour ago with one a work colleague ordered (they don't sell 'em or Kindles where he is or allow him to have one shipped direct*) so a trip to the PO beckons for me...

He ordered mid morning May 2 and it shipped on 6th from the Netherlands all with the attendant drama of oops no stock mail (although they never said it was cancelled only that it would be delayed and offering the Glow version as an alternative to waiting)

*he could have a kindle shipped direct for $$silly but that would just be silly :)

nexus tablets, ipads and iphones have never been offered for sale with large discounts
shortages due to world wide demand at launch

nook car'nt even meet demand for the uk and thats with a product thats been
launched
pretty poor if you ask me

Re: RE: B&N Nook e-readers and tablets slashed in price

hunnymonster said:
From other sources, I can see that orders for the £29 Simple Touch are being processed... Highest order number I see so far with confirmed shipping is 59015XXXX (shipped on 6 May from Utrecht)

Cheers HM, I've just had more info from you than I've ever had from the company and I guess that's me gripe here..... If someone had told me they were swamped and could I bare with them it would all be a lot nicer.

Back
Top Bottom