Balm or aftershave?

If I've any irritation then a bit of E45 cream which I leave to work it's wonders while I'm looking for my slingbacks.

Work - Nothing else
Booze up / Football - Aftershave
Night out with SWMBO / Special Occasion - EDT

Glycerine following a cold rinse. (For the avoidance of humiliation from certain parties, glycerine is NOT a moisturiser, it's a humectant – FACT.) Going to have a go at aftershave splashes now too but will still need the glycerine before or after. Not sure how that's going to work.

Alcohol based AS first then a spot of moisturiser afterwards is usual for me. Most stuff sold as balm is overpriced or ineffective. Coconut oil is good as is Castor oil and Shea butter is marvellous stuff but I have a soft spot for Astral. Don't give a fuck if it's for women, it's magic and I'm a heathen Scotsman and very handy with an axe.....;)

Aye, we've heard rumours of " The Gairdener Chopper ".

JohnnyO. o/
Mostly ma own fingers!!! I have two hatchet harry 'oversights' on my left hand. Moral of the story: never chop wood towards the hand holding said wood.....seems obvious, doesn't it? Doh! :oops:

Joanna Lumley swears by Astral and I'd swear by Joanna Lumley! :D

I tend to alternate between witch hazel followed by balm and straight aftershave, the precise pattern depending things like the weather and what my skin tells me

For real exceptional days, its witch hazel followed by moisturiser

Balm since starting shaving, but would like to try a lemon based cologne of some sort. Every once in a while for a treat y'know.

Alvarez Gomez or Royal Ambree from Pure Spain, based in Britain, would probably hit the mark. A Gomez is a very light lemon used extensively in the Canaries and Spain. If you want a chat about the fragrances you can give them a ring and they're very helpful. I have no connection with them except as an occasional customer.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom