Barber Shave

If you get a good one, it would be a treat. Ok, you can shave yourself, but even If you can cook well, it's great to have a meal at your fav restaurant!
Again, if you can find a good one, I've been to some very good restaurants and loved the food but I've been to a few that left me thinking.......I could have done better myself! P.

I've seen a few on YouTube and wondered whether the client would be anywhere near BBS... is it one of those things where you accept that it'll be good but not perfect? I've never had one

My Essex shave was 40 minutes long with premium products using a Feather AC by an attractive lady. I felt pampered :). My shave was excellent. My Turkish or Dutch barber shaves were as stated above, I could do much better at home.

Here's a few questions to ask your barber if you're thinking of getting a hot towel shave.

-what vegan soap do you think could compete with a tallow soap?

-why is cordovan leather the best?

-which is better, face lathering or bowl lathering?

Most people here know the answers but if your barber gives the ‘blank look' then just get a haircut.

Here's a few questions to ask your barber if you're thinking of getting a hot towel shave.

-what vegan soap do you think could compete with a tallow soap?

-why is cordovan leather the best?

-which is better, face lathering or bowl lathering?

Most people here know the answers but if your barber gives the ‘blank look' then just get a haircut.

What if he seems knowledgeable, but completely wrong (as in, of a different opinion to my own)?

I could ruin the rest of the shave as I argue the benefits of tallow instead of enjoying it haha

I've had a couple of barber shaves while on holiday in Turkey.
The best one included a three pass shave, face and head massage, steaming and blackhead removal, ear hair burning and he even managed to remove a stray in-grown whisker from my chin. (He tried with half a dozen tweezers and eventually threaded it)
I was in the chair for over an hour and it cost out £6.

My old barbers shop, (long since gone and the two brothers who ran it both passed away) did shaves. Harry the eldest of the brothers must have been in his 60's when I first went and he did my first shave. Unfortunately he cut me, just a scratch but a long one which bled like mad. Harry was horrified as he was proud of his shaving ability and I wasnt too bothered really. I continued at the same barbers for perhaps another 20 years and got a shave every single time by Harry, who never gave me the slightest nick in those 20 years. Do you know I am not one for fond memories of how things where better in the past, but Marshalls Barbers of Southport I miss tremendously and the likes of Harry and Keith I will never see again.

I've had a couple of barber shaves while on holiday in Turkey.
The best one included a three pass shave, face and head massage, steaming and blackhead removal, ear hair burning and he even managed to remove a stray in-grown whisker from my chin. (He tried with half a dozen tweezers and eventually threaded it)
I was in the chair for over an hour and it cost out £6.
I always consider a shave when in Turkey but have yet to try one.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom