Baxter of California After Shave Balm Bargain

You lot are terrible enablers! Balm duo ordered. Given that I don't have Prime, and shipping almost doubled the price, it pushed me over the edge to moving the QShave scuttle out of "wish list" and into the basket. If it's any good the glass jelly mould can go back to the kitchen!

I used to have incredible sales resistance pre-pandemic.
I used the click and collect I don’t have prime either there is 2 options with click and collect one is £2.99 for next day the other is free can take up to 5 days I think but usually there next day anyway

We-e-e-ee-ll, now, and this sort of connects back to the "sneaking in shave gear" thread, but la Hotmetalina has got Prime. I *could* have asked her to get it for me. But she's got a lot on her plate just now, so I plumped for the addition of the scuttle. As you do.
Haha love it best not to rock the boat

Body wash and beard oil reducing as well!
Do they make beer?
You lot are terrible enablers! Balm duo ordered. Given that I don't have Prime, and shipping almost doubled the price, it pushed me over the edge to moving the QShave scuttle out of "wish list" and into the basket. If it's any good the glass jelly mould can go back to the kitchen!

I used to have incredible sales resistance pre-pandemic. Which one of you is Jeff Bezos?
Would you happen to be interested in fountain pens?

Still falling. I predict sub £5 for the scrub by the end of the day. And in totally unrelated news, I've quit my job to make my fortune trading commodities. This time next year I'll have moved on from shaving gear and I'll be down a different rabbit hole buying when the price drops, and then just "forgetting" to sell and ending up neck deep in soybeans!

Buy Trading GIF by AvaTrade

Would you happen to be interested in fountain pens?
The LAMY Al-Star by any chance Bruce, @BigBruce ?
I was suitably enabled a couple of weeks ago, then found the warren entrance and now i am well into the Rabbit hole,
A couple of weeks in:-
14 fountain Pens, (nothing of major expense - Yet)
3 Journals / Notebooks
5 bottles of ink
Countless cartridges
Loads of Refills, Jotters, Writing paper and Envelopes
And a set of Syringes.
In my Carts - well you do not need to know.
I have begun to practice my writing every day and i am really enjoying it, its mainly drivel, however my cursive word forming has come on in leaps and bounds, i am still finding my feet in what i prefer nib wise, each type for me, offers something, just starting out on the ink trials.
Razors and Pens who'd have thought eh!

Last edited:
See, this is exactly what I'm afraid of! Sadly I actually find I hardly have a need for a decent pen these days. Writing Christmas cards is about it for snail mail social correspondence. Work is all online. Even shopping lists are in an app.
What do you write about and to whom?

See, this is exactly what I'm afraid of! Sadly I actually find I hardly have a need for a decent pen these days. Writing Christmas cards is about it for snail mail social correspondence. Work is all online. Even shopping lists are in an app.
What do you write about and to whom?
I was having a few problems at work which just seemed to be festering, even though the issues had been reported, i read about just writing down what they were to get them out, sort to speak. Anyway, Up Pops @BigBruce with his LAMY recommendation so i went for it, i mean if you are going to write about something crappy it may as well be done with something nice. I have to be honest, once these issues were written down, i was not carrying them around.
I then just started to practice to make my writing more legible, basically, anything that came into my head, day to day trivialities, cooking recipies i had done, little pen reviews for myself. It was all writing practice and maybe the start of a daily journal, even if it was a bit long winded.
This has started to morph into what i did today and what will i do tomorrow to, trying to plan the rubbish out.
Another forum member kindly offered to allow me an outlet for my practice letter writing so i have started correspondence using snail mail, its so different from just sending an email or PM, calming even.
I used to correspond when i was young, well before the text/email age, i think "Pen Pals" were encouraged then to help with creativity and writing practise. Its been a long long time since i have done anything like this, it is a really enjoyable experience, slowing the busy pace of life down, for me anyway.
T

Fantastic answer to my (pretty much rhetorical) question. Sorry to hear of the work stress. I know how that is, I don't think I've ever been so unhappy at work as I have been this past 14 months. That's probably what led to all this online shopping, which previously I wouldn't have done. Hadn't thought of writing it down with a decent pen as catharsis. My correspondence with good pen and stationery is/was mainly to aunties and grandparents, or job applications in the olden days before it became online forms and self videos.

Fantastic answer to my (pretty much rhetorical) question. Sorry to hear of the work stress. I know how that is, I don't think I've ever been so unhappy at work as I have been this past 14 months. That's probably what led to all this online shopping, which previously I wouldn't have done. Hadn't thought of writing it down with a decent pen as catharsis. My correspondence with good pen and stationery is/was mainly to aunties and grandparents, or job applications in the olden days before it became online forms and self videos.
I’ve been advised to write things down before..it allows you to stop filling your head with the stress of it but it’s not forgotten if you do need to go back to it at anytime for whatever reason, you can put it away for later so to speak

It started for me a few months ago when I found my old Cross fountain pen during a clear out. Tried it out and it wrote as if its last use was the day before rather than about 5 years ago. I enjoyed the feel of it so much that I bought some cartridges for it, and then Alice appeared and the rest is history!
I keep a shaving journal now, and I'm trying my best to write down my daily thoughts as a sort of diary, with mixed success. My wrist problems only allow for short bursts of writing, but as a fountain pen needs almost no pressure it's better than using a ballpoint etc.
Actually, much like a DE razor in fact!! I wonder if that's the appeal?

Still falling. I predict sub £5 for the scrub by the end of the day. And in totally unrelated news, I've quit my job to make my fortune trading commodities. This time next year I'll have moved on from shaving gear and I'll be down a different rabbit hole buying when the price drops, and then just "forgetting" to sell and ending up neck deep in soybeans!

You were right, it's at £4.93 now!

Back
Top Bottom