Bench Polisher fun!...(not a PROPER restore)

"Take a flat blade jewelers screwdriver and wrap the end with a layer of tape. Push it in the slot with the bent tooth and make the flat sit in the 90 degree angle made by the neighboring straight tooth. That's your fulcrum point. Gently push on the bent tooth with the blade firmly jammed in the fulcrum. Works every time for me, but I've got lots of hands-on mechanical experience."

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/456572-Fixing-bent-tooth
I would heat the offending tooth first mind,to soften up the old brittle brass...

Annealing with a hair drier, eh? I hear some folk believe they are good for making cheap shaving brushes look expensive. I've known a few women who thought the same about themselves, well, except the cheap part, obviously.

750F????? Ah! for annealing historic pieces.

To anneal brass PROPERLY. A person can use a Tempilaq stick to mark the spot so as to know when temp is reached. I have annealed tons of rifle case mouths with a propane torch and I just do it at night outside and know the right temp by the color the brass reaches. Remember, non-ferrous metals react the opposite of ferrous metals when heated.

Back
Top Bottom