Benny's of London

Greetings

If you were after some of Benny's Face Melter shaving cream it would appear you are out of luck, the purchase link on the website leads nowhere. I suspect they must have had a' run' on the cream and are sold out! :D

Regards
Dick.

I signed up for the free brush. It arrived today. The knot measures 22/55mm and it's as floppy as expected. I've only hand lathered it a couple times to tone down that lovely badger aroma. I'll use it properly over the weekend and leave my few-star review as promised.
On a positive note I like the handle shape. But not the construction of it. It's made of 3 pieces; the top and bottom are metal and screwed together sandwiching the centre plastic bit.
But I can't complain too much, it cost me nothing after all!

I signed up for the free brush. It arrived today. The knot measures 22/55mm and it's as floppy as expected. I've only hand lathered it a couple times to tone down that lovely badger aroma. I'll use it properly over the weekend and leave my few-star review as promised.
On a positive note I like the handle shape. But not the construction of it. It's made of 3 pieces; the top and bottom are metal and screwed together sandwiching the centre plastic bit.
But I can't complain too much, it cost me nothing after all!

I got mine today and quite like the look of it. i will give it a go tonight and see how it performs but like you say i won't complain too much as the brush cost me nothing.

Benny was the bouncer at the Palais de Dance
He'd slash your granny's face up given half a chance.
He'd sell you back the pieces, all for less than half a quid
He thought he was the meanest-
Until he met with Savage Sid.

Well, I've had a look at the brush on their site. Yes it is lofty, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it'll give nice splay for face lathering. The handle aesthetics, like every brush, are very subjective, you either like it or not. Personally I'm not a fan, but it looks comfortable enough to hold. It'll be interesting to see how it goes down, as the price is good.

Well, I've had a look at the brush on their site. Yes it is lofty, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it'll give nice splay for face lathering. The handle aesthetics, like every brush, are very subjective, you either like it or not. Personally I'm not a fan, but it looks comfortable enough to hold. It'll be interesting to see how it goes down, as the price is good.

I like the handle. It has a decent weight and is nice to hold. I'll give the brush a few more goes but it's far too floppy for me...
They claim it to be, and this is a direct quote, "the BEST SHAVE BRUSH of your life".

It isn't...

Last edited:
I used this brush for the first time last night and i liked it. the handle is a decent weight and felt nice in my hand, saying that it's NOT "the best shave brush of my life" and although i like it i prefer my omega 10049 a lot more, but will still use it in my rotation

As previously mentioned, I liked the handle on this brush and disliked (very much) the knot.
I had a synthetic knot lying around which was intended for another handle that turned out to be cracked.
Anyhow, I put 2 and 2 together and got this...
14c87922800924d80c275ddbf8a0a9b1.jpg

Pictured next to my PantaRei for size comparison.
bd445da8ba16ce1dfdf89cb2b54ddd0e.jpg

Obviously not as dense as my PantaRei but at least I have a usable brush that will probably feature in a SOTD this week!

Back
Top Bottom