best Simpsons brush

Im looking at buying myself a simpsons brush as I think its time for a upgrade.
what I want to know is which one is best for bowl lathering?

Thanks in advance
scott

RE: best simspons brush

If you don't know what to buy, just buy a Duke II or III, depending on your budget. If the budget is admirable, you can look at the silvertip versions.

I have a Simpson Duke 3 in Best, the knot and handle are superb.

If you like a bigger handle, the Poli's feel good in the hand.

I would never part with my Duke. (Dropped my first one and shattered it, replaced it within 3 months) :0

Don't know difference in price, but if you like the Duke, I found the 2 a bit small. 3 suited me much better...

Not to say it is right for you though........

Hairsuite said:
I have a Simpson Duke 3 in Best, the knot and handle are superb.

If you like a bigger handle, the Poli's feel good in the hand.

I would never part with my Duke. (Dropped my first one and shattered it, replaced it within 3 months) :0

The most expensive brush I've ever bought

And the best

I have the duke 2 in super badger and also the chubby 2 in super badger. Both great brushes but the chubby is something else with soap. I think you can only get the duke in best now.

I have the Case, Commodore X3, Duke 2 and Chubby 2 in Best and the Tulip 1 and Emperor 1 in Super. It really depends on what you want to spend. The cost affective option for bowl lathering would be a Colonel X2L or a Commodore. If you wanted to spend some serious money I would go for the Tulip 2.

You really can't go wrong with any Simpson in my opinion, but if I where you I would get the Colonel.

Have been using several original Simpson brushes for almost 50 years now, and they are superb. However, bought a Duke 2 in Best a couple of years ago following the Vulfix takeover, and it has been very disappointing. After a few shaves and the bristles began to bloom, I noticed that the knot was uneven and lopsided, and it has not stopped shedding at an alarming rate. I initially took it back to the shop where I had bought it, and they returned it to Vulfix, who said that it hadn't been cleaned properly and just sent it back to me. Having always looked after my brushes meticulously, and never having had a shedding problem with any of them, I felt their response was just a cop out, and not what one would expect. I have read about this problem with the Vulfix Simpsons on several shaving forums, and interestingly, the shop, which used to carry the Simpson range, no longer stocks them. I just feel that the once proud and reliable name of Simpson is being let down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom