Birth Year Razors - sought & available

I have a 1973 second quarter (T-2) Long handled Gillette Super Adjustable I'm going to part with in the near future to fund other purchases.

It has all the original case and the outer cardboard box. Condition is excellent.

I have a 1965 second quarter (K2) Gillette Slim Adjustable razor with original case. A vintage Schick dispenser with one unused blade came with it. I could include that as well.

I didn't learn to love it therefore I would like to trade it for Open Comb (Fatip, Muhle R41 or other) or Slant razor. I already own a Gillette NEW so not interested in another NEW. I'm also not interested in any OC which is milder than the NEW. Sale is also possible.

wetdog said:
hey fella's, i wouldnt maind a Razor from 1961, preferably first quarter.

anyone got anything?

Ta.

Hi there,

Well, maybe we have a bingo, and maybe it's a bungo. Yeah, I have a razor (G1), but it's gotta bad attitude.

Update: Razor has been spoken for by another member.

This is a Fatboy in nice shape cosmetically, but one side has more bite than the other. Heh, I found that out only when I tried shaving with the thing when I first bought it. I looked closely (tough to see on this one) and yeah, the gap is uneven. I've finally decided I'm never gonna try fixing it myself, so I figured you might want to screw around getting it right. The TTO and adjuster dial works fine, from what I can see. Pretty clean piece with no plating loss or dark spots. Yeah, this is a shiny one.

I'm thinking $20 shipped would do the trick. No problem if you aren't interested, as otherwise I'll sell it over at BST. Razors with that date do come up on occasion, if this one isn't for you.

There's plenty of info regarding the 'fix' for this problem. Not supposed to be especially hard to figure out and it might be a nice project.....

Martin

what would the likelihood of finding a DE for June '85 (would that would be F2)? I know slim as Gillette had started to really push cartridges by then hadn't they?

Back
Top Bottom