Birth Year Razors - sought & available

As FrenchBlade says, all US razors from 1951 onwards have date codes so I guess we can't tell if a razor was made in 1945. However, you knowledgeable ones will be able to point me in the right direction for razors made about that time, that could have been made in 1945.

Better yet, does anyone have such a beast, in good, useable, smart, clean, pristine condititon (so it won't look out of place on moi's cheek) available for sale. Alright then - just a bit worn and haggard.

Oh! and reasonably priced - also like me!

Later: SuperSpeeds started in 1947 it seems. Fat Handle Techs were from 1938 - 1945. Best I could find so far - so over to the experts ......

You're dead right - not a lot of civilian manufacture then - something else going on...

Others from around that time: Ranger Tech (there's a 1946 model), WWII military sets (they are to all intents Techs and have the year of manufacture moulded on the top cap - seen both Bakelite and metal ones - I'll not commit to what sort of metal though - there was a war on you know :))

Just another try at a 1986 razor,pref 3rd quarter but anything from then will do.been trying for months and just not found anything! Belive its a G code black handled superspeed or super adjustable.fingers crossed.

I'd like to start collecting vintage razors and seeing this thread I thought what a good idea to start with one from my birth year. Anything from 1972.

I'd like a nice Gillette from 1974, preferably 4th quarter. I think there were only 3 types in production then, unless I've read the chart wrong.

either of
3 piece tech
Black Handle Super Speed
Black Handle Super Adjustable

All date coded U4 if possible.

Thanks

Steve

Birth year razor sounds like a great idea! I'm happy with my EJ but would be happy to get hold of something from third quarter 1964!
Oh and before anyone says anything sarky - my wife is second quarter 1962 lol!!

sunburyboy93 said:
Goody54321 said:
I am looking for a 1975 quarter 3 (V3) if anybody has anything?

Thanks
Chris.

Im august 75 so you have competition mate !! ;-)

Oh no. Sept 75 here so I guess I have no chance! Let me know about any cast offs you have when you replace them with something better though! :)

Looking for some help from you knowledgeable ones, what Gillette choice do I have for mid 1946? Been looking around but am finding it all a bit confusing. Don't know if I would buy anything, just being nosy at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom