Birth Year Razors - sought & available

Jute Man said:
Looking for a Fatboy, April 67 (M2, I believe?)

You'll have a job :)
They stopped making the Fatboy in 1961 G-3 being the last code.
The Slim adjustable came out in 1961 with G-4 being the first code,
although they have a G-3 Aristocrat which in my book is just a gold plated slim.

Dobbo25 said:
Jute Man said:
Looking for a Fatboy, April 67 (M2, I believe?)

You'll have a job :)
They stopped making the Fatboy in 1961 G-3 being the last code code
The Slim adjustable came out in 1961 with G-4 being the first code,
although they have a G-3 Aristocrat which in my book is just a gold plated slim.

That'll save me a few squids then - everyday's a school day!! :blush:

Hello all,

Since born in June of 1976 (W I assume) what should I be looking for and does anyone have any he would consider letting go ?

Thanks !

Good morning everyone
I'm looking for something from july 1977 - preferably with a longish handle.
could you PM me please if anything available
Many thanks

Hi guys, I am looking for a Gillette Super Adjustable 1982 Model. Afterall being a bit on the younger side there doesn't seem to be a huge number of razors made in the early 80's due to the boom of disposable and cartridge razors. Willing to pay good realistic money for one. Anyone with one available or knows where i can get one post below or PM me directly.

Cheers

Cameron

Gentlemen,

I'm looking for something from 1978 (april to be precise, or Q2).

I don't really know what would be out there for that time line so interested in whatever you had. I would like good - excellent cosmetic condition and no functional flaws.

My particular favourite razor is a '61 Fatboy. Something similar would be very nice.

blackrat said:
Hi,
I'm looking for an F2 (2nd quarter 1960) Fatboy.

Any ideas of current values?

Cheers,
BR

Have a look on the bay, they seem to vary by condition between £40-£100ish. I should add I just bought an F4 in good condition for about £60.

mattyb240 said:
blackrat said:
Hi,
I'm looking for an F2 (2nd quarter 1960) Fatboy.

Any ideas of current values?

Cheers,
BR

Have a look on the bay, they seem to vary by condition between £40-£100ish. I should add I just bought an F4 in good condition for about £60.

Hi Matty,
Thanks, was that from Ebay?

BR

Just asking as a noobie "What was or is a good razor from 1st Quarter 1951?" Gillette W1Date code would be obvious but really the question is what other manufacturers and models were in production at that time?

Big Bob said:
Just asking as a noobie "What was or is a good razor from 1st Quarter 1951?" Gillette W1Date code would be obvious but really the question is what other manufacturers and models were in production at that time?

Gillette 40's style superspeed, a good razor and can be picked up for around £20 or less, The black tip is available from that year too, I find the Aluminum handle one a little light but the Nickle handle version is a good weight and a nice looking razor, a bit harder to find as they were only made for two years 51 and 52

If anyone could find a 1988 razor I'd be a very happy man.

I've found a gillette superspeed which is either a 1960 something or a 1988. It's marked I1 or so it appears to be. I'm currently shaving with a flairtip and love it, so it's a safe assumption that this one would be a good choice to pick up. But if there's another razor worth getting I'm more than happy.

Back
Top Bottom