Birth Year Razors - sought & available

sunburyboy93 said:
You would be looking for a Late model "40's Superspeed" as they were prodused up until the end of 1954, or a standard "Flair Tip Superspeed", i have a couple of 40's and a few Flair Tips, will check dates when back home tomorrow, also Max (Frenchblade) may have what you need, and possibly Erwin (Mertwje)

steve

Or a 1954 TV Special... Date code needed is Z-2.

Amnesia180 said:
What razor would I be looking at for September 1987? :)
You're looking for one of the last Black handled Super Adjustable a.k.a. "Black Beauty", or a G2000 or similar. (slim twist/knack)
Date code is "H-3", the "black beauty" would be the one with the plastic base plate.
The black handled superspeed was stopped in 86, so you missed that one :(

I'll keep an eye out, but not making promises :) You could give Erwin (Merwtje) a shout, I think he might have the G2000.
(I know he has the G1000s)

Max

(sources: B&B Wiki , safetyrazors.net & mr-razor)

Re: Birth Year Razors - Found!

Just thought I'd update everone on my quest for a early 1965 razor, with massive thanks to Max (Frenchblade) he has found me a K1 flair tip, which will be winging its way to me shortly. If anyone else is looking for a vintage razor, please PM him, he is very knowledgable, pleasent and prompt in communication and his prices are most reasonable.

FrenchBlade said:
Amnesia180 said:
What razor would I be looking at for September 1987? :)
You're looking for one of the last Black handled Super Adjustable a.k.a. "Black Beauty", or a G2000 or similar. (slim twist/knack)
Date code is "H-3", the "black beauty" would be the one with the plastic base plate.
The black handled superspeed was stopped in 86, so you missed that one :(

I'll keep an eye out, but not making promises :) You could give Erwin (Merwtje) a shout, I think he might have the G2000.
(I know he has the G1000s)

Max

(sources: B&B Wiki , safetyrazors.net & mr-razor)

N_Architect said:
I have a G2000, mint & unused, but need to check the date code tonight.

Thanks guys!

jon_hall said:
What would be a decent 1971 razor? I have absolutely no idea on old stuff. I can usually barely remember last week :lol:
"R-x", Tech, Super Adjustable, etc. (x: 1-4, being the quarter of the year)
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1712">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1712</a><!-- l -->

FrenchBlade said:
jon_hall said:
So an R4 1971 for me then. Anyone see's one let me know, found an R3...
Black handle superspeed or SuperSlim, just checked, only have a R1 (SS)

Max

Ah well will keep a lookout though if the R3 stays cheap i might go for it, at least its the right year.

jon_hall said:
FrenchBlade said:
jon_hall said:
So an R4 1971 for me then. Anyone see's one let me know, found an R3...
Black handle superspeed or SuperSlim, just checked, only have a R1 (SS)

Max

Ah well will keep a lookout though if the R3 stays cheap i might go for it, at least its the right year.

Jon,

If you want the R1, which is not great looking, but should be a decent shaver, I can PIF it to you :p send me a PM.

Max

Back
Top Bottom