Biscuits

I like to think I eat a pretty healthy diet, but my main indulgence is BISCUITS!!! I love a biccy or ten with a cup of coffee. This thread aims to give members an opportunity to recommend and compare different biscuit types and brands. From the humble ginger nut to those posh M&S chocolatey round ones with the hole in the middle, and everything in between. Perhaps I might even divulge my secret peanut butter biscuit recipe?

So, what are you waiting for - let's hob-nob!! :D

SirPrize said:
Rather than biccies, I like dates with Coffee, and with (Green) tea I like an apple.
Give it a try.

With the greastest respect I am surprised at such a crass hijacking of my beautiful biscuity thread. Kindly indulge me sir and tell us your favourite (or least fave) biscuit. Apples and dates are a whole different kettle of fish and should be treated as such. Perhaps there are apple biscuits or date biscuits available? You could make it a little project to find out? How about reporting back tomorrow?

I'm sure my friend Anton von Tripp would not have caused such bother. ;)

hunnymonster said:
Chocolate-coated malted milk is my downfall, although I do like Jaffa Cakes now and then.

Please can we not have a mass debate ( :) ) about whether Jaffa Cakes are biscuits or cakes. That would be awful.

When I am in the states I enjoy a pack of Nutter Butter whilst on the course.

749px-Nutter_Butter_cookies.JPG

Biscuit with a peanut butter filling mmmmmmm

Pig Cat said:
Apples and Dates are a whole different kettle of fish;)
Interesting similie.
You are perfectly right to chastise me for invading your thread with trivia such as mine - almost as bad as talking about glycerine on a tallow thread.
The only product that I use that has any biccie-like qualities is Tesco's Maple & Pecan Crisp, which I like to eat dry like a biscuit.
Apologies again, but I only had your welfare in mind - did you know that over-indulging in biscuits can make one petulant and quarrelsome?

Nutter Butter! I loved those as a child. Second only to the mighty Oreo, as far as cheapo cookies go.

I'm impressed with the progress you Brits have made in your foray in to cookiedom.

I'm addicted to the bakery fresh double chocolate cookies from Morrisons or Sainsbury. Oatmeal raisin is also fantastic (only at Sainsbury's). These are among the best I've ever had. Of course, the absolute best are the ones I occasionally deign to bake myself: oatmeal with bittersweet chocolate chips.

One of the dogs used to run round to my elderly neighbours as they used to fuss him and enjoy giving him a biscuit. After one visit he came back with half a biscuit in his gob and dropped it on the floor. I realised they had been trying to give him Rich Tea :shock:

GOOD BOY I said, Rich Tea is the devils work and no one should have to eat those. I never encouraged him to go round there again.

Oh yes, Rich Tea is the most boring biscuit by far. I used to think that the Digestive was almost as bad until I discovered that it could be partnered successfully with a soft cheese such as Camembert.

I too love peanuts in biscuits. Those American peanut cookies look lovely. I'll look up my peanut butter cookie recipe and give some a go this week and let you know the recipe. It's very simple, takes me about 15 mins to prepare, then I bake. I love them when they are still a bit gooey. Sometimes the supermarket cookies are like that and sometimes not. C'est la vie. C'est la cookie.

SirPrize said:
Pig Cat said:
Apologies again, but I only had your welfare in mind - did you know that over-indulging in biscuits can make one petulant and quarrelsome?

Actually, having written about Digestives only being fit for cheese, I am in fact about to eat some Cadbury's chocolate digestives. Cadbury could coat a cat's turds in their chocolate and I'd eat them.

Gotta problem with that Anton? Hey? Buddy?! :evil:

Sorry PC, but I do not like to hear the digestive being slighted.

The digestive, the custard cream, rich tea, nice, malted milk etc may be plain and workman-like, but I believe they are part of what made this country great.
Oh yes, we all coo over our quadruple choc chip with macadamia nut and raspberry oatmeal cinnamon cookies, but they are the 'painted tarts' (tart as in naughty ladies, not the baked variety) of the sweet crunchy snack world. You just cannot beat a nice cuppa with a few rich tea to dunk.
Long after you have sickened of the fancy stuff, you will still be savouring the biscuits that built the empire and beat that nasty little German with the silly moustache.

philamac said:
Sorry PC, but I do not like to hear the digestive being slighted.

The digestive, the custard cream, rich tea, nice, malted milk etc may be plain and workman-like, but I believe they are part of what made this country great.
Oh yes, we all coo over our quadruple choc chip with macadamia nut and raspberry oatmeal cinnamon cookies, but they are the 'painted tarts' (tart as in naughty ladies, not the baked variety) of the sweet crunchy snack world. You just cannot beat a nice cuppa with a few rich tea to dunk.
Long after you have sickened of the fancy stuff, you will still be savouring the biscuits that built the empire and beat that nasty little German with the silly moustache.

I'm not condoning munching on a tart every day. That could get expensive and is probably not good for your health. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom