Blue blade cave in

Ok I had a pack of NOS Gillette Blue Blades in my razor draw for about 7 months..... That old chestnut dilemer, to open or not?

Not every time I open the draw,but once a week temptation lures me to pick up the cardboard box and wonder...... Are they rusty or not, what's the shave like? :icon_evil:

But as you can probably guess,.....yes I've riped into the little box in a crazed frenzy...... :icon_twisted: All good,no rust. YES. Not only 5 blades, but a advert card for Gillette shaving cream,now there's a suprise did Gillette ever miss a trick for marketing?

Don't worry I will be posting pictures of the advert card tomorrow ( I ain't one to rob any one of a look ) :angel:

I was gonna offer you one from my open package, by the way Gillette was the Master of advertising! I have some other carbon blades. SUPER for one or two shaves. My uncle told me I should put razor head in alcohol, waste of good Scotch if you ask me. :)

Thanks bud, I think I will have a shave with one tomorrow morning,but what ever you do... Don't waste that scotch,now that would be a crime:D

20120630316.jpg
as promised the pictures of the advertising card in the blades

20120630315.jpg

The only truble is this card belongs in a Gillette fanatic's collection, Its not going to survive round my house.

cruciate said:
John said:
Thanks bud, I think I will have a shave with one tomorrow morning,but what ever you do... Don't waste that scotch,now that would be a crime:D

Unless said "scotch" is a supermarkets own blend. Then the real crime would be when you taste it!

:icon_lol: I only drink scotch on rare occasions bit more of a whiskey man my self Jack D, bells etc etc (but I don't drink much these days 3 kids have seen to that:angel:

JohnnyO said:
Belongs in a Gillette fanatic's collection ? Where's Sunburyboy when you need him !

JohnnyO. \:angel:

Yep that's who I had in mind as well,trouble is he's got enough Gillette related objects already I could taught him by PM.... but that may just awake a sleeping giant.

John said:
cruciate said:
John said:

Unless said "scotch" is a supermarkets own blend. Then the real crime would be when you taste it!

:icon_lol: I only drink scotch on rare occasions bit more of a whiskey man my self Jack D, bells etc etc (but I don't drink much these days 3 kids have seen to that:angel:

Last time I looked, Bells was scotch.:huh:

chrisbell said:
John said:
cruciate said:
John said:

Yes it is scotch (Scottish whiskey)

John said:
chrisbell said:
John said:
cruciate said:
John said:

I didn't get why you said you were more of a whiskey man than a Scotch man, including Bells as an example of whiskey as opposed to Scotch.

chrisbell said:
John said:
chrisbell said:
John said:
cruciate said:

I didn't get why you said you were more of a whiskey man than a Scotch man, including Bells as an example of whiskey as opposed to Scotch.
I see what you mean,if whiskey is brewed in Scotland it's scotch (whiskey)
But jack D (takes offence to being called scotch since its brewed in Tennessee USA and NOT Scotland ) and like to brew whiskey in burnt barrels (giving a smokey flavour)I have personly been corrected about this buy a yank who was on holiday ( and it angered him somewhat) so just to keep the peace,and not to get a angry mob of yanks after me that's why I said it.

chrisbell said:
Well yes, but my point was that denying Bells' Scottishness is similar to claiming that Jack Daniels is Scottish.

Sorry,It's probably the way I typed it ( I was cleaning my aquarium and probably miss typed it at the time ) what I ment to say was I drink scotch on rare occasions, bit more of a whiskey man my self jack D etc etc.

To throw further fuel on this scotch vs whiskey topic... Officially whisky is scotch but whiskey (with an e) is American, Irish or anything else.
Not sure on Japanese, as they use the same methods as the Scottish.

cruciate said:
To throw further fuel on this scotch vs whiskey topic... Officially whisky is scotch but whiskey (with an e) is American, Irish or anything else.
Not sure on Japanese, as they use the same methods as the Scottish.

Can't say I've ever tasted the jap whiskey, don't the japs make wine out of rice?

Back
Top Bottom