Blue blade cave in

Scotch is a blend here, for example Dewers, Johnny Walker, Chivas, and a few others. I like single Malts But when I am in the airport or out in town I like "Scotch" I know its 180 degrees out but you usually PAY for malts or there are none. I have wanted to try this Bell's just cant find it. I have tried the Japanese stuff, its decent. I dont like Irish, too young. American is corn based, Canadians Rye based (dont like it). Ok so now you know how to buy drinks in US liquor stores as opposed to liqueur stores.

ishmael said:
Scotch is a blend here, for example Dewers, Johnny Walker, Chivas, and a few others. I like single Malts But when I am in the airport or out in town I like "Scotch" I know its 180 degrees out but you usually PAY for malts or there are none. I have wanted to try this Bell's just cant find it. I have tried the Japanese stuff, its decent. I dont like Irish, too young. American is corn based, Canadians Rye based (dont like it). Ok so now you know how to buy drinks in US liquor stores as opposed to liqueur stores.

I'll see if I can buy a one shot bottle of bell's and post it to you :icon_idea:

chrisbell said:
I don't personally like Bells - then again, I don't like the majority of big-name branded blends.

It's funny how people differ with taste isn't it, my grand father loved a drop of bells, but he loved to exprement with other bottles ,and since he was a royal marine commando in WW2 and went on the big euro stomp,he got hold of some lovely bottles of odd plonk most were 100% alcohol.

My dad had his eye on a bottle of something in his drinks cabinet most of his life...When his father died,temptation got the better of him and opened it up and passed it around (to see if you were man enough) Holy shit I was only 17 at the time and seeing double....... YES.

John said:
chrisbell said:
I don't personally like Bells - then again, I don't like the majority of big-name branded blends.

It's funny how people differ with taste isn't it, my grand father loved a drop of bells, but he loved to exprement with other bottles ,and since he was a royal marine commando in WW2 and went on the big euro stomp,he got hold of some lovely bottles of odd plonk most were 100% alcohol.

My dad had his eye on a bottle of something in his drinks cabinet most of his life...When his father died,temptation got the better of him and opened it up and passed it around (to see if you were man enough) Holy shit I was only 17 at the time and seeing double....... YES.

LOL - do you know what it was?

chrisbell said:
John said:
chrisbell said:

Sorry gutar playing (rock)

I wish I did, but he did say he picked it up from Poland. He engaged a group of Germans (SS trying to get a panza tank to run ) and found it in the tank. So figured that's a war trophy.

John said:
chrisbell said:
John said:
chrisbell said:

I wish I did, but he did say he picked it up from Poland. He engaged a group of Germans (SS trying to get a panza tank to run ) and found it in the tank. So figured that's a war trophy.

Some form of schnapps or aquavit probably.

chrisbell said:
John said:
chrisbell said:
John said:
chrisbell said:

Some form of schnapps or aquavit probably.

Yes could have been, what ever it was wooohooo.

John said:
ishmael said:

I'll see if I can buy a one shot bottle of bell's and post it to you :icon_idea:

Youre a true English gent!

ishmael said:
John said:
ishmael said:

Youre a true English gent!
You will have to pm your address ( did have it but I shred sensitive info like that from time to time )

Back
Top Bottom