Boar War

Vulfix* also make boar brushes - in fact anything that you see on sale at Connaught Shaving will be either boar or synthetic...

*Technically Vulfix is not an English brush maker since they're based on the Isle of Man, a wholly separate territory with it's own sovereign government that just happens to be located close to the UK & uses Sterling as it's currency (although it issues it's own notes & coins - which you can't use in the UK)

England is a old term which includes the British Isles it's home territories & Islands, including Ireland. Which is why Vulfix can still stamp it on their products. They do however stamp Made in the U.K. on some Vulfix brushes.

Paul said:
England is a old term which includes the British Isles it's home territories & Islands, including Ireland. Which is why Vulfix can still stamp it on their products. They do however stamp Made in the U.K. on some Vulfix brushes.

Never heard that before - "British Made" sure... even odder that they use Made in the UK because IOM has never been part of the UK however you define it (HM is "Lord of Mann" when she's there, not Queen)

Gents:

My 1305 arrived Thursday afternoon from Portugal. Much taller than the 620. The handle has a different feel to it but fits nicely in the hand. Great sketching job. Paint job is just perfect; no chips or marks, no scratches. No glue riding up on the ring and hair. Just one wonderful looking brush to try from Bruno at Vintage Scent.
I don't know what it is with you people that have funky smelling brushes --- do you request a funky smelling brush from the manufacturer? Do you pay more for cosmic chaos? This is a very clean brush right out of the box gents, nice clean smell too. The biggest decision is what to use with it. I'll run it out with Williams soap a few times (bowl and palm lather), and then I'll try it with a hard soap first shave today and a cream tomorrow. This brush would make a fine present for the boar enthusiast. I think it's time for the hot tub, a hot shower and then knocking up some suds with lavender soap. Oh the trials and tribulations of a wet shaver ... badger or boar, badger or boar, fish or cut bait, fish or ...

It's 10:53 Pacific Time and My hot tub awaits me ... yes it's that warm outside.

Attachments

• Progress and 1305 011.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 64
Pig_Bodine: PM me your snail mail and I will send you a pair of Dark Green Filson Morino Wool Fingerless Gloves; I'll throw in a catalog as well. Wonderful store and the first time I visited it in person. Tried them all on, S-L-O-W-L-Y, including the Tin jackets, wool pants and boots.

You could use them as a liner for "Clan of the Cave Bear" type gloves. We use ours for hiking and camping and rainey weather here in PACNORWEST. Regards, Robert

Robert Otten said:
Gents:

My 1305 arrived Thursday afternoon from Portugal. Much taller than the 620. The handle has a different feel to it but fits nicely in the hand. Great sketching job. Paint job is just perfect; no chips or marks, no scratches. No glue riding up on the ring and hair. Just one wonderful looking brush to try from Bruno at Vintage Scent.
I don't know what it is with you people that have funky smelling brushes --- do you request a funky smelling brush from the manufacturer? Do you pay more for cosmic chaos? This is a very clean brush right out of the box gents, nice clean smell too. The biggest decision is what to use with it. I'll run it out with Williams soap a few times (bowl and palm lather), and then I'll try it with a hard soap first shave today and a cream tomorrow. This brush would make a fine present for the boar enthusiast. I think it's time for the hot tub, a hot shower and then knocking up some suds with lavender soap. Oh the trials and tribulations of a wet shaver ... badger or boar, badger or boar, fish or cut bait, fish or ...

It's 10:53 Pacific Time and My hot tub awaits me ... yes it's that warm outside.
Enjoy the 1305,which its a fine boar brush.

One things for sure about Semogue boar, they look good out of the box, and when dry after use.:

A new 1305

1305.jpg

A used LE 2009

SEM.jpg

Well I'm just getting right along with these Semogues we spoke about but I drifted off the cleary marked path looking for something a little bit different like an English Boar o should I say UK Boar. The 405 was $14.99, lathed turned handle ( a beauty), bristly, 53mm loft and 22 mm knot. You get a real nice handle for the price and you could re-knot. Don't hear much about the London line. Hyde Park, 514, for a few dollars more $17.99, 47mm loft and 20mm knot. I selected the 405 and was done with it. The 1305 is breaking in nicely and just fits right into rotation. I gave my Zimmerman away longtime ago - I think to the neighbors son.

BLUF: Either the 405 or 514 could be a right nice gift or for a first time starter brush. Now, unleash The Brush Lords.

Attachments

• The Strand by Vulfix.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom