Borax - How to clean a shaving brush?

Baking powder is Baking soda plus added cream of tartar. They're similar but different. Borax as a cleaner I believe is the origin of the cockney rhyming slang for skint, boracic lint, usually corrupted to 'brassic'.

I'm yer man for the last 'cheese' in trivial pursuit, or the pub quiz tie breaker. Zero sport knowledge, zero popular culture, shaky geography and vague history, but all the random stuff stays in my head.

Baking powder is Baking soda plus added cream of tartar. They're similar but different. Borax as a cleaner I believe is the origin of the cockney rhyming slang for skint, boracic lint, usually corrupted to 'brassic'.

I'm yer man for the last 'cheese' in trivial pursuit, or the pub quiz tie breaker. Zero sport knowledge, zero popular culture, shaky geography and vague history, but all the random stuff stays in my head.

I was just looking at buying an edwin jagger brush and it says do not use borax.

To clean this brush, simply rinse under hot water (max temperature: 45°) and shake dry to remove any remaining lather residue. It may be hung in a stand to dry off if desired, allowing the brush to be displayed between use. Do not use chemical detergents such as borax or vinegar on this brush, plain water works just fine.

I was just looking at buying an edwin jagger brush and it says do not use borax.

To clean this brush, simply rinse under hot water (max temperature: 45°) and shake dry to remove any remaining lather residue. It may be hung in a stand to dry off if desired, allowing the brush to be displayed between use. Do not use chemical detergents such as borax or vinegar on this brush, plain water works just fine.
Too late - I've boraxed them :D

It does seem to have made a positive difference - the knots feel softer and dried with a better smell. This could all be in my head though.

Just use vinegar. ;)

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Back
Top Bottom