Bowl fans: What do you lather up in?

Finally added pics:

White: Individual Pie dish.
Black: Edwin Jagger shaving bowl.
Brown: Tapas meatball dish.

What I'd really like is something in wood or stainless, so I can travel without risk of breakage, but the tapas dish will do for now.

I put a pic up here...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6385</a><!-- l -->

On a daily basis I use a white, ceramic Sainsbuy's cereal/soup/pudding bowl; approximately 6" across the top. <£2.00. Perfect.

Son & heir pushed the boat out at Christmas and bought me a similar sized white enamel Falcon bowl - with a blue rim of course. Looks, feels and performs suitably spartan when in the field or at my 'country retreat.' Again <£2.00.

:shock:

A plastic bowl out of the campevan!!
Wife says she will source one from a charity shop. Price limit a pound.
Getting good lather from the plastic mind. As new too this im already spending about 10X tha amount than I did On
Mac 3s
Fifty times the enjoyment mind!!
Cheers Tim slick.

I'm mostly using the black walnut pedestal-bowl from my Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues custom shave set.

I would love to also be able to source a couple or three, inexpensively procured Marvy unbreakable mugs. I know most people think they are ugly, but there's something about the heavy green rubber mug and the 'sandalwood' (IE: light brown) plastic one. I know Cosmetic Solutions, on amazon.co.uk sells the Marvy 'opal' plastic mugs but that would cost around £15.00 if I remember correctly.

interesting idea SRD, I might have a go at making my own bowl at some stage.What type of clay does she use?

forgot to say I use an indian dip bowl (stainless steel) got four of them in Poundland for erm a pound.

Boab said:
interesting idea SRD, I might have a go at making my own bowl at some stage.What type of clay does she use?

This one was made of a high fire porcelain. I wanted it big and thick walled to retain heat.

82181_PE207741_S2.JPG

IKEA 365+ (the large one)

I don't bowl lather every time, but when I do, this is what I use.
It's really nice for this purpose actually. A lot of guys at B&B seem to love it too.

I use a french breakfast cup. It's about 13cm wide, 8 cm high and heavy enough to sit in the basin without floating.

Attachments

• shavekit.jpg
    361 bytes · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom