budget DE shaving, times are hard!...

Don't forget the best "budget" shaving soap.... Arko

Despite being "budget", it is #1 on my list of best soaps. (And I have quite a few).

Rod

My advice would be - get a tube of Proraso asap. Skip a Friday pint if you have to, and believe me you won't regret it :) I've had a few high end creams, and as of yet - nothing beats Proraso for me. As for the 89L - I sold mine, as I get much better shaves with the vintage Gillettes, hopefully Max will help you out on that one.
Blades - my firm preference is with Gillettes - Bleues, Platinus, Super thins, whichever you can get, but again it's a razor/blade combo.
Also, Pedro's selling Institut Karite after shave balm, snatch it while you can - it's great value and performance (especially when you mess up).

Shaving with the cheap, sorry, inexpensive stuff is OK at a push but the expensive stuff is what turns most men's morning from a bleary-eyed trudge to a cold bathroom into a light-as-a-fairy skip into the wonderland of the morning shave.

joe mcclaine said:
Shaving with the cheap, sorry, inexpensive stuff is OK at a push but the expensive stuff is what turns most men's morning from a bleary-eyed trudge to a cold bathroom into a light-as-a-fairy skip into the wonderland of the morning shave.

"Light as a fairy skip ". That'll be the one which J. C. Bamford dropped off in the Vinny boudoire I'm guessing.
I do agree with the point that a wee touch of luxury adds to the shave experience though.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

joe mcclaine said:

I totally agree :)

Ingrams shaving cream. The 'English Proraso' for under £2.50. Superdrug and lots of small chemists stock it.

The Men-U Bristle brush is a good cheap bit of kit. Combined with a stick of Palmolive it's great for face lathering. Just get the brush, not their crappy shaving cream.

Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser. Cheap, lasts for ages and is a great moisturiser/balm. There is an "Intensive Care for Men" but any real man would get the original version.

If you want some "budget luxury" get a puck of Culmak soap. Smells delightful IMHO.

Drroly said:
Ingrams shaving cream. The 'English Proraso' for under £2.50. Superdrug and lots of small chemists stock it.

The Men-U Bristle brush is a good cheap bit of kit. Combined with a stick of Palmolive it's great for face lathering. Just get the brush, not their crappy shaving cream.

Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser. Cheap, lasts for ages and is a great moisturiser/balm. There is an "Intensive Care for Men" but any real man would get the original version.

If you want some "budget luxury" get a puck of Culmak soap. Smells delightful IMHO.

thank you :)

I have the Men U brush and it is a nice brush. I wouldn't dismiss the Palmolive cream without at least a try though - excellent thick lather with no effort and cheaper than chips!

Brut
Old Spice
Denim
Boots Freshwood
Blue Stratos
Old Spice White Water
Superdrug Forest Fresh

For make smell good - is niiiiiice.

joe mcclaine said:
Brut
Old Spice
Denim
Boots Freshwood
Blue Stratos
Old Spice White Water
Superdrug Forest Fresh

For make smell good - is niiiiiice.
OK I confess, I have bought and used (!) both Denim and Blue Stratos in the past. I can't remember what they smell like though. I don't even know if they still sell it in the Netherlands. Must check this out.
I have stopped using aftershave. I only use EDT, current favourite: Dirty English.

Back
Top Bottom