Budget Shaving Cream Recommendation

Can anyone recommend any good budget shaving creams that give a nice comfortable shave?

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate comfort cream is on my radar further down the line but overspent recently so looking to save the pennies!

I'm currently using the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera soap, although I'm getting a close shave it doesn't seem to provide much cushion.

Cheers

Damian Murphy said:
Palmolive is really good . Ingrams is'nt bad . You can get them easily enough chemist/supermarket and they are cheap. Also boots stuff is pretty good.

Cheers, is that the tube of Palmolive? I looked at that the other day but the price snob in me thought it can't be up to much at that price :oops:

sufcjam said:
Damian Murphy said:
Palmolive is really good . Ingrams is'nt bad . You can get them easily enough chemist/supermarket and they are cheap. Also boots stuff is pretty good.

Cheers, is that the tube of Palmolive? I looked at that the other day but the price snob in me thought it can't be up to much at that price :oops:

The tube is the stuff . The sticks are good too, often sought after by our american cousins. You can also try Erasmic ,that should be available in chemists/supermarkets too.
TKmaxx can often have shaving creams etc; but be very careful about some of the shite thay try to off load as quality!

I concur that the Palmolive tube of cream is very good. The scent is not going to lift your shave to a higher plain, but it's pleasant enough. You can get a very decent lather from it and it's available in Tesco and presumably most other supermarkets.

While perhaps not budget (though its half the price of Truefitt and Hill), how about the cyril salter shaving creams. Currently on Badger and Hone at 7.99 with free delivery (i just got one) and they work really well.

I second the palmolive though, the sticks especially which are great.

sufcjam said:
Can anyone recommend any good budget shaving creams that give a nice comfortable shave?

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate comfort cream is on my radar further down the line but overspent recently so looking to save the pennies!

I'm currently using the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera soap, although I'm getting a close shave it doesn't seem to provide much cushion.

Cheers

Sufcjam, if you PM me with your name & address etc and I'll send you some decent creams to try...they'll go out tomorrow.

I know, I know - I'm all heart.
:oops:

Damian Murphy said:

Yes, yes and yes, in that order.

Also Real shaving Co. cream can be found in Poundland. That is good also.

Palmolive really is a big bang for your £1.29 at Tesco's or Sainsbury's.

npinn001 is spot on with the Cyril.R.Salter creams, keeps you under a tenner.

With regards to the T&H Ultimate Comfort, i find it to be a great cream to lather and the scent is a nice subdued lavender. This cream is mousse like in consistency whilst in the pot, very much like the Fitjar.

Palmolive and Ingrams

mind and get the Blue Ingrams , the Green one is brushless and pish

i wasn't impressed with Boots (whose soap is excellent) or Erasmic but the latter gave me a rash
i did find some Gillette cream in a local budget emporium that wasn't too bad

push the boat out for some TOBS at TKMaxx, avoid the Pecksniffs cream though antdad says it's hoss-plop

see if pigcat starts on about shagging slurry again :lol:

Back
Top Bottom