Budget Shaving Cream Recommendation

Arko cream is good value for money, and, as most people have said, you can't go far wrong with Palmolive or Real Shaving Company (RSC) cream in Poundland.

As Hando suggests, have a mooch round your nearest T K Maxx for tubs of TOBS.

Last time I was in I saw in stock what appeared to be a new-look (reformulated?) Erasmic cream with accompanying post-shave cream. Anyone tried this 'new' stuff?

Cheers all for the recommendations.

Looks like there's plenty of decent budget ones out there to keep me going for a while :)

The local morrisons has lots of palmolive tubes in, home bargains has plenty of The Real Shaving company and got a few to try thanks to Blyth Spirit's generous offer.

I have to add the M&R dynamic shaving cream from wilkinsons 97p a pop, I've come to love this cream and always get excellent shaves from it, I prefer this to palmolive, smells decent aswell.

I tried the Bulgarian made "Supermax Ultimate" shaving cream this morning. I added 1 drop of glycerin to a fingernail sized blob in my bowl. Great shave *&^%^&*(Lord L2 + Feather) - I couldn't believe it from a tube costing 29p for 100g in Machester Arndale! I even tried the 80p aftershave afterwards, no nicks or irritation. 8 hours later still smooth and dandy.
'joy
Lloyd

Palmolive is top stuff. Small squirt (gigadee) in to your brush, face lather, bosh.

I've trimmed my whole rotation down recently, and all I use is palmolive and monsavon.

I was away from home recently and forgot to take my usual shaving soap. All I could find was Ingrams and a Palmolive stick in a local Superdrug - the two cost me the princely sum of £1.80.
I didn't expect much from either but was very pleasantly surprised at the performance of both. The only downside to the Palmolive was the slightly unpleasant scent - I would prefer to smell something other than a mix of rancid fat and institutional soap.
But that is a minor point - I will probably keep and use both.

I am a huge fan of the palmolive stick. Always useful to have one knocking around for travel use.

Also isn't proraso (plastic green tub) around £5.50, imho that is cheap for its quality; Punches well above it's weight with minty / menthol face tingles.

ingrams ingrams and more ingrams... at about £1.80 a tube its cheap as chips, and i sometimes use it even in preference to my TOBS and T&H creams. lathers fab, smells clean and leaves your face gently tingling with menthol. You can buy ingrams in superdrug.

Palmolive tube is also good, and cheap. Readily available in tescos.

I also like Arko tube, good smell, lathers well, but is a bit more drying than the first two.

Lastly... the taylors of bond street creams, are pretty good value. You should be able to find the tubs online for about £6-7, and they are as good as anything you'll ever try. I use the T&H ultimate comfort on occasion, but TOBS jermyn street sensitive cream, smells nicer, lathers as well and provides a superb shave. Plus its about half the price of the T&H

Nivea_ShavingCreamMildForMen50ml.jpg

from boyes...just over a quid. its a nice pink colour and nivea type smell.
works a treet. gettit. treet.. shaving joke.
oh never mind...
tbs.

Back
Top Bottom