Chance to choose, a new material for the Hone Type 15.

What material next for Hone...

• Stainless Steel

• Aluminium

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just love this " sneaky little taster " type of idea ! That's how to build up interest and demand. If you ever decide to move on from making desireable razors to commercial marketing I just bet there are companies who'd appreciate this type of talent. And what a four specimens to display to get members drooling.

JohnnyO. o/

Hello, sorry for the radio silence, but I have a good excuse :) I have been sorting some interesting things out and here is a little sneaky peak... I should have some more information shortly.

DSCF1932.jpg
Carbon fibre on the left? :p:p:p

Oh dear...... ANOTHER razor (or 4) I will want to buy!

To go back over a question @Hone raised before.... If I were ordering an expensive razor to order...I.e. a Ti one, I wouldn't mind a wait, providing I had trust in the company taking the order. I wouldn't have a problem dealing with Hone given the communication with this forum and pass around.

Best of luck with it all!!!

Matt

Its great to hear all the encouragement thank you. Its also interesting to see the value perception between brass and aluminium play out; aluminium < brass. Its good to know expectations.

This is a nice picture. I love my brass Type 15. If a TI version comes available I am in for sure !

Marco
Marco, really glad you're enjoying it. Not to hijack my own thread, but If there was a Ti version and you could change one thing more what would it be? :)

Don't worry you're not butting in :) So for the Aluminium samples I have been working on, I have thinned the top cap by a small amount to account for the loss of weight and it adds just a touch more blade feel, but its still got the mild approach-ability of the brass. It might make it into a final version if thats the way it goes.

Last edited:
Marco, really glad you're enjoying it. Not to hijack my own thread, but If there was a Ti version and you could change one thing more what would it be? :)

Just a little bit more aggression compared to the brass version could be the way as rowlers already pointed out and I agree 100%.
But what I would like to see even more together with a TI version is a matching stand for this superb shaving tool. Perhaps something like the Standart Razor stand that allows 2 positions....
A TI Hone in / on a TI Hone stand would make a nice ensemble in my Den.....

Marco

Back
Top Bottom