Cheap but quality products

rum said:
Point taken, Graeme. I am not too fussed about Erasmic anyway. If there's any other stick I'd like to try it's the Valobra one, but I'm not going to spend over the odds for it - I have plenty of other superb performing soaps and creams.

Sorry Rum chum, never meant to come over quite as strongly. I suppose it's just that I so wanted this one to work, being British made and I liked the story of how when they changed the formula to all veggie, the ensuing uproar made them go back to tallow. You've been at this far longer than I but maybe a superlather with some cream would bring it up to scratch. :blush:

41rcLUfTWgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£1 from savers, grab a bargain

Gairdner said:
rum said:
Point taken, Graeme. I am not too fussed about Erasmic anyway. If there's any other stick I'd like to try it's the Valobra one, but I'm not going to spend over the odds for it - I have plenty of other superb performing soaps and creams.

Sorry Rum chum, never meant to come over quite as strongly. I suppose it's just that I so wanted this one to work, being British made and I liked the story of how when they changed the formula to all veggie, the ensuing uproar made them go back to tallow. You've been at this far longer than I but maybe a superlather with some cream would bring it up to scratch. :blush:

No offence taken! ☺
If something doesn't work as it's supposed to life is too short to sit around and make it function better. Best to 'stick' with what does work.

Gairdner said:

It is utterly useless mate. I take my hat off to anyone who has got a lather with it.

I thought I was attempting to lather up while it was in it's plastic sheath it was so bad (before realising it didn't have one)!

Tall_Paul said:
Gairdner said:

It is utterly useless mate. I take my hat off to anyone who has got a lather with it.

I thought I was attempting to lather up while it was in it's plastic sheath it was so bad (before realising it didn't have one)!

No wonder they had them hidden behind a tall promotional display of Lynx deodorants or something like that!! pppffff

Lynx deodorant? Can't stand the stuff - I'd have hidden the Lynx stand behind the Erasmic! :icon_lol:

Gairdner said:
Lynx deodorant? Can't stand the stuff - I'd have hidden the Lynx stand behind the Erasmic! :icon_lol:

Haha, LOL. Let's have a "which is the worst product" competition! :D

AGIO said:

Was just about to post that picked some up from savers today instead of erasmic as I have there stick, also got a 7.5g sypic pencil in savers for £1 about double the size of the boots and superdrug one and nearly half the price. Was also in semi chem and had a sign for wilkinson sword blades ones with a gold label for 70p but were out of stock

Malky

malky39 said:
AGIO said:

Was just about to post that picked some up from savers today instead of erasmic as I have there stick, also got a 7.5g sypic pencil in savers for £1 about double the size of the boots and superdrug one and nearly half the price. Was also in semi chem and had a sign for wilkinson sword blades ones with a gold label for 70p but were out of stock

Malky

Poundland does that supermax shaving cream, its great for the money. The wilkinson sword blades are nice for the price, you get 50 for £0.70-79

Picked up a tube of Ingrams from Superdrug yesterday.

Not used it yet but, looking at it in the tube, it does seem somewhat thinner than the creams I am used to. Does it lather as well as Proraso, T&H etc?

sagesmith said:
Picked up a tube of Ingrams from Superdrug yesterday.

Not used it yet but, looking at it in the tube, it does seem somewhat thinner than the creams I am used to. Does it lather as well as Proraso, T&H etc?

Ask Gairdner about ingrams....

I have Ingrams, but unfortunately haven't used either of those others. I find it lathers up what I would call well, and leaves your skin feeling great and refreshed post shave. However, cold water shaving + ingrams means very coldddddddddddddddd.

Never used Proraso, can't afford T&H. I've heard some say the Ingram is a little thinner or more watery than some other creams but from my point of view it's anything but watery. I do know I need to use a bit more than TOBS, for example but I find it to be a superb lubricant. Lanolin is a lot higher up in the ingredients list than the famous soap that bears the common name for lanolin. This definitely makes it great on the face and if anything it's oilier than some other creams rather than more watery. It's not for some folk perhaps but it's definitely for me.

Did a test lather with ingrams earlier and I used a drier brush but added drips of water sporadically

Worked a treat

Back
Top Bottom