Cheap Gillette Silver Blues

Just came across these Gillette Silver Blues, £30 plus postage for a 1000.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000-Gillette-Safety-Razors-/261357764737?pt=Shaving&hash=item3cda230081

Just to add a comment made by the chap who was selling the cheap Sputniks. He said to me these Silver Blue blades were increasingly hard to find... don't know if that's any indication on their continued production.
Any way at that price ordered 1000 cheapest blades on ebay chaps...

Could anyone comment on how these perform and perhaps what other blade(s) they may be similar to?

My current favourite blade is Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian and if Silver Blues are anything like them I would consider investing in a lifetime's supply, especially at that price!

FrankieG said:
Could anyone comment on how these perform and perhaps what other blade(s) they may be similar to?

My current favourite blade is Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian and if Silver Blues are anything like them I would consider investing in a lifetime's supply, especially at that price!

For me Frankie they're sharp and smooth they perhaps don't last as long as some blades but I only use for 3 shaves and out. But at this price why would anyone worry about getting an extra shave or two from them ?

3.5p a blade after postage :-D These normally go for about £18 per 100. Like Sir Brian said they're a very sharp and smooth blade which gets you probably one fewer shave than average for Gillette blades - at least for me anyway.
Dodgy will be pleased to learn I've suddenly increased my blade stockpile by 20%

Thanks very much for the link. I've been on ebay a lot this week and yet still had a couple of superb tip-offs on stuff I somehow missed from you lovely people. Merry Xmas all.

Can I just suggest that if anyone is unsure as to whether these blades are fakes, simple, Don't buy them. I'd be more concerned about buying them from Thailand.

Judging by the photograph they don't look any different to the ones I already have.

They are also covered by the ebay money back guarantee.

They weren't discontinued years ago. Connaught and Maguires still sell them. They are only now being discontinued. The Gillette Swede was discontinued years ago and replaced by the Gillette Platinum.

And if anyone is concerned, why don't they contact the seller and ask him?

My only concern is do i really need to buy some just im healthily stocked up for blades mainly vintage ones so for anyone who has used these in the past what blade could you compare them too....

I've compared the blades I have with the photo on ebay and they look the same printing. I'm reasonably happy at buying through ebay some protection from there.
I was trying to work out why 200k blades would be made available cheap. Possibly discontinuing this blade and clearing stock but it's only guesswork.
Now showing as listing ended due to an error in listing. My blades are marked as dispatched though. I wonder if they'll re appear at a higher price ?.....

Back
Top Bottom