Cheaper Option Than Gillette

Ive been using Gilllete blades my entire shaving life. I'm angry each time I have to buy blades because of the cost so much so that I frequently shaved way past where I should be going with each cartridge.

I saw an ad on Youtube the other day for a company called Close Shave Society who claim to offer a better shave than the leading brands at a fraction of the cost so I decided to try them out.

I received my blade a few days ago and I have to say the shave was even better than the Fusion blade I have been using the last few years. Its not as sleek or professional looking as a Gillette but for £6 a month for 4 cartridges delivered to my door I'm not complaining.

Subscription razors, why didnt I think of that. Oh well at least I can support the people at closeshavesociety.com instead of a major corporation like Gillette.

privatedoc said:
well, cheaper than that and better quality shave to be had with a basic safety razor and blades ........cartridge razors have their place....in my house its the bin!

Haha privatedoc, I guess its just what your used to. My dad gave me my first cartridge razor along with a beautiful badger hair brush and I havent looked back since. Always willing to try new things though. Any recommendations?
In the meantime I'm very happy with the shave from the subscription site and for half the price of Gillette I'm already saving alot. I guess moving in the right direction.

I started with an Edwin Jagger DE89....great value about £20 and blades...well take your pick...I started on derby but now use a mix of feather and Wilkinsons though gillette are fine too. get a decent shave soap and a pre-shave like prorazo and you are all set.

warning.....if it is cash you want to save, then stay away from this site.....I'm hooked and have a selection of razors/potions etc etc...all great fun though and my skin/face is the best it's been for years

ps, the video on the site you mentioned is enough to make me avoid! lol!

privatedoc said:
I started with an Edwin Jagger DE89....great value about £20 and blades...well take your pick...I started on derby but now use a mix of feather and Wilkinsons though gillette are fine too. get a decent shave soap and a pre-shave like prorazo and you are all set.

warning.....if it is cash you want to save, then stay away from this site.....I'm hooked and have a selection of razors/potions etc etc...all great fun though and my skin/face is the best it's been for years

ps, the video on the site you mentioned is enough to make me avoid! lol!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to get my hands on one to try.

I'm a big fan of Gillette blades, the 7 o'clock yellows give me a great shave. I like the Super Thins as well.

You won't see me going back to using a cartridge razor, no matter how cheap they are.

Back
Top Bottom