Coffee machine....works! Top tips needed!

Nikon D90 and a Micro Nikkor 60 mm lens, even though a very good camera, my old Olympus C5060 WB was very good for close ups too (despite the Nikkor lens being legend). I bought my new gear used and I don't regret it though, because it's really good.

Todays:
012800x771.jpg

Wow!
My daughter pulled two greats shots this morning.
I dont know how, she just has the knack.
Then she foamed and poured my cappuccino!! Again really well.
So the 12 yr old shows the old bloke how it's done!!
Tim

I am tempted into throwing down on the Breville twin boiler http://www.breville.com.au/beverages/espresso.html

Do any of you chaps have any experience with them?

My old La Pavonni manual is still going well after +15 years of service, just feel like an upgrade.

Cheers.

The spec certainly looks the business however Breville is junk in the UK and they won't be launching here, personally I'd still wait until there are a few more units out there. It does look like a promising machine though.

fozz77 said:
This home barista "hobby" could become quite expensive, real easy.....

I will keep you posted on the impending espresso machine purchase, oh, and grinder.

I don't know the brand, but I think you could get a nice double boiler from a rep dealer or a very good used one from some nerd forum ...

You know what grinder you want?

I also had a Pavoni before and even though nice for a single shot, it was a pita to make milk foam and several shots in a row. LOVE the design though!!

Mikael said:
fozz77 said:
This home barista "hobby" could become quite expensive, real easy.....

I will keep you posted on the impending espresso machine purchase, oh, and grinder.

I don't know the brand, but I think you could get a nice double boiler from a rep dealer or a very good used one from some nerd forum ...

You know what grinder you want?

I also had a Pavoni before and even though nice for a single shot, it was a pita to make milk foam and several shots in a row. LOVE the design though!!

I am favouring the Rancilio Rocky - no dose.

I can get the Rancilio Silvia & the rocky grinder for a bit less than the cost of the Breville. I read that there can be issues with constant temp on the Silvia. There must be some truth in that because there are retro fit PID's for it.

I think for now I will get a decent grinder & continue with the manual.

fozz77 said:
I am favouring the Rancilio Rocky - no dose.

I can get the Rancilio Silvia & the rocky grinder for a bit less than the cost of the Breville. I read that there can be issues with constant temp on the Silvia. There must be some truth in that because there are retro fit PID's for it.

I think for now I will get a decent grinder & continue with the manual.

Yes, that's the biggest issue, the temp control, or lack off.

All this talk about has thrown me into a upgrade fever, damn you All!! I would love a Brewtus Expobar 4 though :D

Have had a change of bean by way of gift.
Will post name when I can remember.
The upshot is that on finest grind got a very slow thin extraction.
Used a lighter tamp. Stil not coming through that well.
Eased up on the grind and the tamp got a better result.
The beans are lighter and dryer. No slightly oily finish like the happy donkey beans.
They smell less aromatic and have pleasant chocklaty finish.
I'm guessing the Dualit is doing ok if it can grind fine enough to disable the extraction through the portafilter.
Cheers.
Ooooo made latte ferns!!!!!!
Cheers
Limbo.

Well I just ordered some more bits for my Gaggia over the holidays
Damn this is getting to be expensive for a starter kit.
Have ordered all the parts to PID the gaggia so we will see what difference that makes:icon_rolleyes:

I will be interested to see how the pid goes?
I'm also interested in how you thought you needed one in the first place.
Are you fitting yourself Pedro?
Ta
Timbo

Back
Top Bottom