cologne recommendations

Have had a few good ASs in my time but never tried cologne. In fact, thought they were the same thing until I joined the forum. Looking for one that will last without being too overpowering. Any suggestions guys?

What type of smells do you like. What soaps and After Shaves do you like, we all have very different tastes.
I like some of the Floris range, but you really need to try before you buy. I also use a lot of TOBS, T+H, and GFT colognes.

Take advice from females and use the layering technique i.e. same cologne or EdT as aftershave. 4711 is cheap and a great traditional scent. After that is everyone's personal opinion.

Lose the beard said:
What type of smells do you like. What soaps and After Shaves do you like, we all have very different tastes.
I like some of the Floris range, but you really need to try before you buy. I also use a lot of TOBS, T+H, and GFT colognes.

I'm looking at UKRob's reply here and the layering sounds like a good idea. My favourite cream is TOBS Jermyn Street, love the smell, so I think I'll sample the Taylors to start with. Cheers :cool:

I happen to be selling a penhaligons Quercus cologne on here. Might be a cheap way for you to try a high quality one and see what you think

texaspete said:
Majortom. I bought the Jermyn St cologne last week, and the aftershave balm. Both smell like the shaving cream. Good stuff.
Great! Have just ordered the following samples:
Taylors Jermyn Street
Mr Taylors
Musgo Orange Amber
Vitos Acquarelle
Alt Innsbruck sample set

Connaught's now do 5ml samples for £1.50 - 2.50, though there is postage on top. It makes sense if ordering other items.
I've just ordered samples of Taylor's Sandlewood, Speick Original and Man; and Tabac just to smell it and see if I'm a lover or hater.

Back
Top Bottom