Closed Completed: Seygus Spain 2016 razor pass around

Just a one pass this morning.

This is not an aggressive razor at all, maybe a bit too safe and mild? Then again this lather is very thick and can cause a few problems with it keeping the head from direct contact with the skin.

FB_IMG_1458896984615.jpg

Second shave with this razor, having a hard time make up my mind about it. It's original setup with the handle is so lightweight it's easy to wield around without much fear of repercussion.

I switched it out with my UFO U2 handle today which I think took a bit to much weight away from the head. It's mild but effective because of the longer teeth even thought it's a straight bar.

Easy to find the angle and deals with a few days growth no problem. I'll have one more shave with it before moving it on.

b5e6152bac788c899ca3e83d32297d0e.jpg

Second shave with this razor, having a hard time make up my mind about it. It's original setup with the handle is so lightweight it's easy to wield around without much fear of repercussion.

I switched it out with my UFO U2 handle today which I think took a bit to much weight away from the head. It's mild but effective because of the longer teeth even thought it's a straight bar.
Razor weight is very much a personal preference. Except for me. I like my Digress at 111 grams and my current favourite is the bakelite Merkur 45 at a mere 14.6 grams. The Seygus at 55.5 grams sits nicely in the middle. I like them all.

3rd shave and added the additional spacer weight to the handle. Does it add to the shaving experience or change the geometry...not in my eyes?

Even with the Voskhod blade (that I'm not entirely convinced about?) and a less than slick and thick lather this razor still feels very safe and mild. I likened it to the Feather ASD2 and like this could probably be best used with a sharp Feather blade to get the most from the design.

Still a very easy to use razor that could be tossed about with bleary eyes first thing in the morning.

FB_IMG_1459066364130.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1459066364130.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459066364130.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 26
@riverrun could I kindly be removed from the list? I currently have two razors from the lending pool, and potentially a third. This is so popular that it would make sense that it made a its way to another as quickly as possible.

Best wishes, Richard

@riverrun could I kindly be removed from the list? I currently have two razors from the lending pool, and potentially a third. This is so popular that it would make sense that it made a its way to another as quickly as possible.

Best wishes, Richard
I could move you to the end of the list, if that helps. I reckon that's a month away. Your call...

Certainly, Richard

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben193
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Sabre
  16. Glen_Lee

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to,
Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with,
Completed

4th shave.

Pretty much figured this razor out by now and will have a final shave with it tomorrow before being passed on to the next in line.

Comments and final thoughts to follow tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1459242346567.jpg

Certainly, Richard

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben193
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Sabre
  16. Glen_Lee

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to,
Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with,
Completed

Whos next up for the Red one?

image.jpeg

Final shave before being sent out today

Pheonix and Beau Solaris
Semogue
Sseygus 2016
Efra (2)
Fresh wood AS balm

Right, final thoughts based on just my opinion and with an actual no idea on cost of the razor?

Super mild but did manage to cut 2 days of growth quite easily.
Build quality seems well made although the admonished parts will show some signs of wear before too long I suspect.
Would benefit from a sharp blade to get the most out of the razor like the Feather ASD2 razor.
Lightweight and easy to use even with the addition of the weight. That being said, I don't think the weight added anything to my shave. I used the tuck away handle for 3 out of the 5 shaves.
I'm not that keen on the original handle in terms of feel, the knurling feels a little rough.
The head is built well and slots together nicely and blade fits securely, no issues at all with alignment or blade chatter as clamps it down tight.
With a thick lather the comb did need a regular rinse to prevent it from being clogged up. I think this also contributed toward a mild shave as well as the teeth would be lifted from the face as the passes went on between rinses.

I'm undecided as to whether I'd have one or not? That said, I'd like to see where this razor goes in the future, a duel style head could be interesting if that OC could be made a little more aggressive like the Wolfman. Of course, a true slant razor could also be interesting.

Thanks for the opputunity to try this razor and good luck for the future.

Back
Top Bottom