Confession time

Yes , I have a goatee. A few years ago I said 'Self, you have a chin! You don't need a beard!' Right , I had a chin but I also seemed to have grown chubby cheeks! Went right back to the facial hair.

NNathwani said:
Surprisingly my wife is the one convincing me keep it for another week or so. Think it's growing on her. :)

Yep. Same here.

Positive comments from the laydeeez at work too.

I wore a full beard, many years ago, for a good year or so, the itchy period went after about 4 weeks if I recall correctly. But it aged me & looked scruffy so it went. Was then clean shaven for many years before a 5 year period of short goatee and mustache. That's now gone too as I just love the clean shaven feel.

NNathwani said:
Forgive me, Gentleman, for I have sinned it has been over two weeks since my last shave.........

Anyone else growing a full beard or have tried previously? I was feeling determined but really tricky getting past this itchy stage and piss taking from various people. Might stick with it for another week or two but an abundance of grey, in fact white, hairs on my chin are starting to put me off. :)

Think it's got to be done at least a few times in a man's life. Even Sean Connery agrees ;)

I let it grow towards the end of 2010 and then again in 2011. It's an itchy feeling and great when the weather is sub-zero. But the when you strop that blade and shave it right off after a month or two of leaving it to grow, it's a very rewarding feeling that is worth the wait!!

JohnnyO said:
no one takes the piss out of a Silverback, do they?

Well, only the once ...

Not so sure about you guys who have beards growing on the wife tho...

JohnnyO. :angel:

Ha! That made me chuckle. :)
The wife's growing no bad though.

l've grown a beard a couple of times - 1st time i just let it grow das Boot style. I eventually got rid of it when people started shouting at me in the street. 2nd time i grew one beacause i ran out of cartridges and decided i wasn't going to throw money at gillette anymore. i trimmed it regularly, shaved my neck and cheeks and it looked good. there's definitely a cool vibe a good bead gives off - i believe there are forums for that sort of thing (weird!)

atm momemt i have the van dyke thing going but that's because my chin is prone to spots so i'm giving it a rest. I have too many products to be thinking about growing a beard!

I had a full set from 1992 through to 2000, shaved it off after the woman I was chatting up NYE 1999/2000 guessed my age at 45..

I was 35 at the time :(

I did grow it back a couple of times, but never kept it for more than 6 months or so. My wife has told me that if I ever grow it again I'm an ex-husband, and to be fair I can't afford a divorce :)

When I did have the beard I had to keep it thinned out or it made my face itch like mad, between shaving the bits I didn't beardy and the weekly thinning out session it took as much maintenance time as shaving every day.

Got the full goatee & not too worried about the grey hairs, but I have to say the occasional errant ginger hair gets plucked (dad was a carrot top, a gene I didn't get, other than in the beard)

Re: RE: Confession time

Leslie145 said:
Got the full goatee & not too worried about the grey hairs, but I have to say the occasional errant ginger hair gets plucked (dad was a carrot top, a gene I didn't get, other than in the beard)

I had a few ginger ones in my goatee, but they all appear to have gone white now. Age has it's benefits I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom