Confession time

I've probably had a beard more years than I've not had a beard, from age 19 onwards. Thinking about it again now... Got a goatee anyway. Shame for you guys with an itch problem... My itch usually goes after a week or two (oo err Matron).

Just shaved two weeks worth off. What's left of my hair has gone white almost totally in the last five years and beard likewise. Wifey calls me Captain Birdseye and complains daily about the whiskers so two weeks is the longest I've held out. I quite liked it actually and was complimented at work too!
Still feels good to be dewhiskered today though. :)

I used to grow one every winter but a change of lifestyle has put a stop to that. I now only grow one for my annual sailing trip it's mainly white so I look like Captain Birdseye.

My brothers grown one recently. Some people can carry a beard well, others can't. My brother? Looks like the complete and utter expletive he really and truly is. No I don't get on with him a couple on here know why, I have a totally and justified reason.

Dr Rick said:
Three and a half weeks now. Was told, with my hair tied back, that I looked like George V. Having looked him up, they had a point.

Always liked that look, although I'm more Tsar Nicholas II what with him being more baby faced.

joe mcclaine said:
Always liked that look, although I'm more Tsar Nicholas II what with him being more baby faced.

For some reason when you have a beard, I always think it looks kinda like this movie star's version.

Did I guess right?

Attachments

• Carmen Ghia.jpg
    Carmen Ghia.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 22
My problem is that the hair on my cheeks is pretty sparse, so he best I can do looks like a goatee plus neck beard and skinny sideburns, which is pretty revolting.

I would have loved to grow a beard, but instead the occasional handlebar is good enough. I would never be mistaken for a hipster as I'm too much of a fascist.

I did grow a goatee around 'Movember' time. Most of the men did in my department at work. My boss is usually pretty strict with face fuzz and he's now suddenly very lax so I've been letting it get out of hand of late. I used to shave every night and now it's more like once per week. I don't carry it well though. It's too patchy so I have to be careful how I shape it or it can look unnatural. My colleague (who is quite baby faced) grew a massive, thick, bear of a beard so I was slightly jealous of that!

I'm looking forward to doing a full prep and clean shave this week. I find the one bonus about going beardy is it's much more satisfying to shave significant growth than just a 5 o'clock shadow. Especially when you manage a smooth shave without any cuts!

I'm going to try getting back into a good routine again. I miss my products.

I have not shaved for 2 weeks now, Quite pleased with the results, and whilst out in a few new Belfast bars on friday nite I noticed that many others also have beards so I didnt stand out at all thankfully. I think I will give it another week. Not shaving in the morning does give me an extra 5 or 10 mins to enjoy my porridge and coffee.

I had a goatee for about a year and it looked pretty good. Then David Brent came along.

I prefer the designer stubble myself, but the Mrs hates beards. I ain't got the heart to tell her to look more closely in the mirror. I even bought her a tube of Emac Hair Removal Cream but she spent the whole night trying to plug the tube into her laptop.

Back
Top Bottom