Confession time

Make sure the shoes are polished. They notice!
What else they like , and usually surprise them, is a thank you letter for the interview. Just something short addressed to the person you spoke to. Makes an impression. Send it out right after the interview.

Johnus said:
Make sure the shoes are polished. They notice!
What else they like , and usually surprise them, is a thank you letter for the interview. Just something short addressed to the person you spoke to. Makes an impression. Send it out right after the interview.

Thanks Johnus. My shoes are always looked after. When I got there the bloke on reception had a beard, as did about half of all the male staff I saw.

Currently sporting a musketeer / cavalier job.

Big handlebar tache with thin, but longish goatee.

Missus LOVES the look.

Haven't touched a razor since Boxing Day. Seems to suit me, but since I've also lost 25lbs that may be a factor. It's staying a while, anyway. Nobody's shouted "Oi Gandalf" at me yet either.

After a month of beard the perfectly straight white/grey strip of hair running down the middle of my chin looked like a reverse Brazilian or it had been applied with Tippex, couldn't decide which so off it went.

antdad said:
After a month of beard the perfectly straight white/grey strip of hair running down the middle of my chin looked like a reverse Brazilian

Now I know what a stickler you are for accuracy and I wanted to keep you from saying something not quite right in the future. Heh, having said that, I admit to not being positive on what I'm typing here.

Anyway, I am kinda familiar with the haircut you're talking about, having first hand experience (best hand to have) with that style. If I'm not mistaken, that particular cut is known as a 'runway' style. Been a while but I believe there's other 'looks' that Brazilian women will wear.

So very glad to have possibly helped. A good bit of what I typed was true for a change and the rest I'm not sure about.

Never tried growing a beard as severe acne in my youth has left patches on my face where no hair grows at all. Big bit on my neck anyway. I can manage a passable 'tache but that takes ages i.e. months and adds years to my age according the wife and just about everyone else.

Sporting a set of sideburns at the moment which I like and the missus doesn't bother about too much. I've never suited or been able to carry off the designer stubble look as it makes me look either scruffy or mean and nasty; certainly never 'cool'. The gaffer prefers me clean shaven anyhoo.

Faither is a hairy bugger and grew his full beard back after a thirty year absence - really suits him but I just never got his hirsute genes. Plenty hair on my head though so no danger of going bald.

Tip my hat to you fellas sporting a bit of facial hair here and there. It can look great on the right face and very manly indeed.

Hiya,

Back in 1973 I came home from 4 months in Europe with the start of a fairly wild beard. Didn't even shave my neck. Kept it for the next 6 years. Last two was with no damn mustache. Yeah, I couldn't take it anymore with that thing getting in the way so often. So I kinda looked like a Mennonite or something towards the end of that period.

Remember when I started my moustache. Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas.
Thought about growing one for awhile... Asked my 1st Sgt if it would be Ok. He said no. F..k him. Started one that night. Have had it almost ever since. ~45 years

Back
Top Bottom