Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Often

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Special occasions

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Never

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
I love cufflinks but think they look odd if you don't wear them with French cuffs.

I also don't like the 'casual' look with a dress shirt, cufflinks and jeans.

Here's my favorite pair:
tan70p.jpg

While on our honeymoon(couple years ago) we stop in Hong Kong and my wife gifted me this https://www.shanghaitang.com/en-uk/gifts/cufflinks/crest-jade-and-silver-cufflinks-green-6H288W200GN.html I really love them.

I must admit to being a lover of cufflinks with french / double cuffs and have a few pairs that I regularly use, but my favourites are the ones pictured below.

Assayed in birmingham, 9. 375 ( 9 carat ) year 1863 and not even worn out yet .. They don't make things like they used too...

image.jpg2_zps30mic0kr.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsdtnt9typ.jpg

Steve. B said:
I must admit to being a lover of cufflinks with french / double cuffs and have a few pairs that I regularly use, but my favourites are the ones pictured below.

Assayed in birmingham, 9. 375 ( 9 carat ) year 1863 and not even worn out yet .. They don't make things like they used too...

Man, those are nice

Darkbulb said:
Steve. B said:

Man, those are nice

Thanks, I feel very privileged to be able to wear them.

Suits, shirts, ties, cufflinks all went to charity when I retired. Bizarrely, I still have the shoes taking up valuable cupboard space. Black sack to a charity shop for them before the New Year.

Suits, shirts, ties, cufflinks all went to charity when I retired. Bizarrely, I still have the shoes taking up valuable cupboard space. Black sack to a charity shop for them before the New Year.

Hold up....what size are you and any good ones in your collection?

lol, I am a sucker for shoes

Ouch! a couple of years ago had forgotten cufflinks got desperate and went with a pair of safety pins found in the hotel room hoping nobody would notice, worked just fine actually got a compliment from a 20ish kid at the event.

If I wear a suit I wear a shirt and cufflinks with it, preferably double cuff shirts. Most of my cufflinks are old engine turned ones, chain or bar of indeterminate age.

The closest I've got to novelty ones are a pair of enamelled colour representations of my father's old regimental cap badge which I tend to wear with my kilt as it's the 'ancient' version of the regimental tartan.

My eldest has joined the local church choir so my suits etc. are actually getting regular use, which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom