Currently eating....

RE: What are you eating....

Pig Cat said:
A Meatster from Aldi.

Wtf is that?

I thought meat and Aldi are two words that really shouldn't said in the same sentence or is that old fashioned snobery?

antdad said:
Pig Cat said:
A Meatster from Aldi.

Wtf is that?

I thought meat and Aldi are two words that really shouldn't said in the same sentence or is that old fashioned snobery?

It's their version of a Peperami. Until about six weeks ago I'd have said the same as you but we've now been going there every week and managed to buy almost all our shopping there. The fruit and veg is at least as good as Waitrose (e.g. best mangos and tangerines I've had in ages) and the same can be said for the meat too. Yesterday's roast was a half leg of lamb from there and was tender as anything. Plus our grocery bill has halved. Can you tell that I'm a convert? :icon_rolleyes:

I can tell, I was recently castigated for buying broccoli from M&S cos it costs 3 pence from Lidl/Aldi.

I have a thing about oranges/tangerines, they generally taste good now as they're in season but are stuck in storage for 8 months which is why they are usually so rank. at Xmas. Now's the time for blood oranges from Sicily too.

Back
Top Bottom