Dark jeans?

Looking for some dark 'dress up' type jeans - normally only wear bootcut diesel jeans, which at their darkest always have that worn look, diesel don't sell any this dark - any ideas of makes to try or look for?

I have only ever worn Levis 501s since the Nick Kamen advert 30 years ago and Sunspel pants, obviously.

Levis have catered to all my sartorial needs from stonewashed for scrapping on the terraces (or New St Station) to very dark with jacket and shirt for 'business casual'.

I like Levi's but have always disliked the fit on the Levi 501, so I always go for the very dark blue 751 which look very much like 501 but have a much nicer fit in my opinion. http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/men-jeans/p/007510202

Jamie.

73 Indigo;s by R by 45RPM?
D130208A_73_03L.jpg

Northam Saint said:
SmallBeard said:
Northam Saint said:
Al H said:
Next jeans are reasonably priced and always a good fit

+1

I always buy them, I usually stock up in their sale.

I bought a pair in their boxing day sale....

The women in there are like vultures!

Nice jeans though :D

I can't stand the crowds so get all mine online.

See, that would be the sensible thing to do, but SWMBO gets me to the shops at 6 on boxing day!

Father Ted said:
73 Indigo;s by R by 45RPM?
D130208A_73_03L.jpg

I thought to myself, "why, those look a nice pair of jeans . I shall look into where to buy them" - thinking Debenhams or some such; perhaps John Lewis at a stretch.

I've since seen the price and probably won't bother, all thing considered.

Not sure what you have over there, but in the US you have perhaps thousands of options, but at least 100.

Levi 501 Shrink to Fit is great. Gap is cheap and decent. I like my naked and famous jeans. RRL if you can swing it...

There's so many options. Buy whatever one fits you the best after trying it on in the store.

What you're looking for is raw denim. Unless you don't want to deal with breaking them in. Guess you could always throw them in the washer a few times, but then they'd lose a lot of color.

asharperrazor said:
What you're looking for is raw denim. Unless you don't want to deal with breaking them in.
That takes me back to the 70's, sitting in a bath with my jeans on.

Mr Harris - I thought this being TSR, I would throw some ludicrously expensive jeans into the mix. The can occasionally be found on the bay of Evil for considerably less. But be warned the deep indigo colouring fades fairly rapidly from these ones.

Not sure what your budget is, but Paul Smith have jeans that I would class as smarter. If you are local to an outlet centre (I know they have a store at Bicester Village, for example) they can be picked up for more reasonable prices.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom