Dark jeans?

hunnymonster said:
Tall_Paul said:
hunnymonster said:
I tend to buy Carhartt jeans from the US... Means I can get the 34" leg I need in multiple styles and they last ages (min 15oz denim) I don't even mind paying the VAT and handling charge... They're still less costly and substantially better quality than the shit sold here.

Where do you get your Carhartt jeans from HM?

http://www.captaindanns.com/servlet/StoreFront usually (tend to be cheaper but slightly slower to ship) - tell Carl the Hunnymonster sent you ;)

Or http://www.sheplers.com/

And they do them for fat people with 32" legs..............Ah the days when my waist was the same size as my inside leg.

HM what does "Relaxed Fit" mean please?

If you look on www.carhartt.com - there's a guide I think... basically it gives you more ballroom and more in the thigh.

I think it's straight ->relaxed-> loose in terms of bagginess... but I could be talking shite.

And if there's something in the Carhartt catalogue and Capt. Dann's doesn't carry it - drop Carl (or Rene) a mail - if they can get it, they will - they're in the business of selling stuff :)

Two pairs of Carhartt jeans ordered. Cheers HM.

Even if I get caught by the twats at HMRC it'll still work out at just over £40 a pair which is still a bargain compared with UK prices (and almost impossible to find the 36" leg option over here on many styles).

Good choice. As one ages the buttons on the 501 become a problem. (And its not do to a lack of dexterity:)-( )

Forgot about this one, In the end found some dark wash bootcut Diesel which os what I was after - think they had them in House of Fraser

Tis just came in today. How to pick the perfect jeans!!!

http://www.details.com/style-advice/rules-of-style/201305/mens-jeans-denim-guide?mbid=nl_det_biweekly_news_20130522#slide=1

Never liked the 501s myself, just don't fit me well.. now the 512 is where it's at!
Great thing about Levis is once you know your size, you can buy them online!
My last pair of 512s came off eBay for around a tenner, good as new ;)

M.

The other brand I can buy online without hesitation, Desigual, once you know what size you are, they're very consistent.

After rummaging in several stores I decided to go to the Levi store in Southampton. What a delight. One to one help, huge variety and a free shortening service which I needed to use. Got a call later in the day to say the jeans were ready to collect. Worth a few pounds more for choice and great customer service. I ended up finding that the jeans which suited me best were the 751. The cheapest I tried.

Not sure of the dyes that they now use. But in the past the black dye that they used with the 501's had a tendency to transfer to light colored furniture!![emoji33]

FrenchBlade said:
Never liked the 501s myself, just don't fit me well.. now the 512 is where it's at!
Great thing about Levis is once you know your size, you can buy them online!
My last pair of 512s came off eBay for around a tenner, good as new ;)

M.

The other brand I can buy online without hesitation, Desigual, once you know what size you are, they're very consistent.

I too didn't like the cut of 501's I had a pair that I found uncomfortable to wear, I then bought a pair of 618 orange tabs and that was it they were comfortable until Levis stopped making them in the mid 1990's. Since then I have refused to buy Levis and have bought any other make of jeans that were/are comfortable. I quite like Maine New England, Debenhams own label, their jeans are very nice, last a long time and are nicely priced. Oh and they have dark jeans too. :)

I just bought a pair of Red Herring jeans from Debs. Being a skinny barst, it's difficult to find jeans that fit, but their skinny fit, er, fitted. Nice dark denim with plausible imitation wear. Now if they just offered 33" waist and 33" leg I'd be made up...

I was digging around the wardrobe and came across a pair of Replay in dark blue. They hadn't been worn for a while as I had "grown out " of them. I tried them on and they fit again. Nice fit, the swimming lessons have paid off as they are a 34" waist !!

Back
Top Bottom