DE shave number 4

Murkur 34
Astra SP, new blade
akro soap with added cream
shave oil
alum block
Nivea sensitive post shave balm
Shower and face scrub
Well i thought it was going well but a couple of little nicks, sorted with s.pencil, but still getting burn on my neck. Its not to bad just a bit annoying. Used to get it with Mack3 but only now and again. Its not going to put me off though! I know this is against most peoples views but i may try across the grain on my neck , just up or down , the sides of my neck hair grows at a right angle and i just feel that this might help. Oh and i use a badger brush and i think my lather and prep are good. Anywho i will post again after my next shave any advice or chat welcomed Regards Paul

It will keep getting better just look again at blade angle and pressure on the neck especially and as always check your not getting irritation from products or the badger brush
Thanks for your reply mate . Yes im going to ditch the oil , VERY menthol and try a different one, someone suggested olive oil, worth a try . Also i have a synthetic brush in the post! Regards Paul

I personally don't use oil but I lather up for ages 4-5 mins so get a real think lather right into the hair but pressure and angle are by far the most important factors, olive oil can work as will coconut and yeah some folk are sensitive to badger so synthetic might be the way to go

Are shaving against the grain on your neck? If so avoid until you get the technique nailed.... I've only just started ATG on the neck 2+ years in ;)

H Paul.
I got some ''Banana Boat'' Aloe Vera Gel from Boots chemist (4quid)
last week, recommended on this forum somewhere
I now use it as aftershave balm if its any help to you..

Map the growth direction on your neck and shave WTG only for now, the irritation comes from excessive pressure and shaving atg/xtg prematurely while you're still sussing out your technique.

Map the growth direction on your neck and shave WTG only for now, the irritation comes from excessive pressure and shaving atg/xtg prematurely while you're still sussing out your technique.
Thanks mate will do, also I added cream to my soap , as you mentioned in one of your posts, my lather is so much better now. Well I think it was you. I have mapped it , will carry on sussing my technique... Regards Paul

You're only four shaves in so don't expect perfect results just aim for irritation free for now, the better finish will come with practice.

Back
Top Bottom