Do you spin?

Saw them on IG last night. Very impressive and the price tag to match.

I wonder if they are just for show, or if you can actually use them for EDC purposes.

When you see some of the hatches and axes that are available makes we want to venture into the wild frontier and chop down trees, and build a log cabin, and hunt elk, and grow my own veggie patch, and build a porch swing, and have the kids running about wild, and go foraging, and catch fish, and.......

I need to sit down in a darkened room with a towel round my head. Got a bit carried away there.

Saw them on IG last night. Very impressive and the price tag to match.

I wonder if they are just for show, or if you can actually use them for EDC purposes.

When you see some of the hatches and axes that are available makes we want to venture into the wild frontier and chop down trees, and build a log cabin, and hunt elk, and grow my own veggie patch, and build a porch swing, and have the kids running about wild, and go foraging, and catch fish, and.......

I need to sit down in a darkened room with a towel round my head. Got a bit carried away there.

I'd question the legality if they do have a sharp edge. Only legal U.K. carry is upto 3 1/2" non locking folding. I know they are tiny but fixed blades don't fall in to legal carry. Even legal carry can be illegal if you have it out in open.

Looking at them though against the ones posted the other day, I'd say these don't have an edge.

Last edited:

I'd question the legality if they do have a sharp edge. Only legal U.K. carry is upto 3 1/2" non locking folding. I know they are tiny but fixed blades don't fall in to legal carry. Even legal carry can be illegal if you have it out in open.

Looking at them though against the ones posted the other day, I'd say these don't have an edge.

Two models - one is just a bottle opener but one model is that AND has an edge on the blade.
Needless to say, for me, I'd want one with a sharp edge. The 'big' ones are about 3" but he also makes mini ones. I've asked if he can make me a 2-2.5" one next year w/ an edge and leather sheath :)

These are samples of the sharp version. About 3"
Video showing how it cuts

I want mine 1/3 smaller than that.

As requested a quick duct tape !

201e100dc9ef1436882d753830c7898f.jpg

Duct tape holds the world together!

They look very similar to the ones already on the market. The only advice I would offer is go for the Ceramic bearing rather than steel. Ceramic will spin faster and longer.

I don't know about that one, but I have similar https://www.etsy.com/listing/487757029/spinfidg-limited-edition-edc-fidget?ref=hp_rv
With washed metal bearing it gives about 1,30 minutes of spinning.
About the bearings,the ceramic should be the best. Then again,it all comes to how they work together
With the frame.
This things should come with warning, this is gateway to hell. I'm so close to press buy putton on rotablade.
I blame darkbulb for this

This things should come with warning, this is gateway to hell. I'm so close to press buy button on rotablade. I blame darkbulb for this

I must be half way down the road then. I bought my Rotablade on Sunday. Just waiting for the Tracking Info. My order was 1521. Last time I checked order 1276 was shipped and that was a couple of days ago.

@Andrimus is blaming @Darkbulb and @Darkbulb is blaming me! Hee hee

I love empowering others

Last edited:
I must be half way down the road then. I bought my Rotablade on Sunday. Just waiting for the Tracking Info. My order was 1521. Last time I checked order 1276 was shipped and that was a couple of days ago.

@Andrimus is blaming @Darkbulb and @Darkbulb is blaming me! Hee hee

I love empowering others

My order# is 1578
Where do you check status on what orders have been shipped?

Trouble is the quality of the bearing matters hugely.
Yes ceramic should be better than stainless, stainless better than steel but a cheap inferior ceramic will not be better than a quality steel one

And then you have the hybrid bearings as well - ceramics and steel. And to make it even more complicated the actual size of the bearings themselves.

For any current or prospective Rotablade spinner owners....

The dimensions for a Rotablade Stubby spinner are;
50mm x 30mm x 9mm body. 11.7mm at grips

The dimensions for a Zippo lighter are;
56mm x 38mm x 13mm

What does that mean?
Well - it means any holders for a Zippo lighter will easily fit a Stubby spinner as well - with some room to spare in all directions but none greater than an additional 8mm.

So, one can get anything from these $6 Zippo holsters w/ belt clip,

s-l500.jpg

...to $20+ handmade leather pouches like this one on Etsy
il_570xN.1131495091_ouy9.jpg

This is the reply I got from the vendor making the pouch above:
"I think it'd actually fit pretty much perfectly. Have a feeling they may have done that on purpose. Hmm.
Anyway, the particular Zippo I used for this sleeve (Brass Armor) measures:
56mm x 38mm x 13mm

I could use a non-armor zippo if you want a more snug fit. A standard Zippo measures:
55mm x 37mm x 12mm

The leather will stretch a bit with time and loosen up but either option should fit your spinner!
Kinda jealous, honestly. I've been looking into one of those spinners myself. :)"

Or this one from a vendor in Ukraine (shipping $5 to the UK);
il_570xN.1079568836_o39u.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom