Do you still have a Teddy Bear?

Do you still have your Teddy Bear?

• No longer have a Teddy.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Do you have your Teddy at home?

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Is your Teddy elsewhere but you know exactly where he is?

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Rather not say (perhaps you think it unmanly to still have a Teddy?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The hospital with which I am associated as a volunteer recently had their annual "Teddy Bear's Picnic".

This was an event in which all were invited to bring in their teddy for a health-check and receive advice on healthy living (Teddies are smart - they would much rather have an apple than a sticky bun!)
There was also a Teddy Bear hospital manned by the surgical paediatric team to advise on what happens when a Teddy is ill and needs attention, and that there is nothing to fear - this backed up by various bandaged teddies around the place being cared for by puppet doctors and nurses.
There were also bouncy castles, face-painting and free smoothies and fruit.

As the day wore on I began to notice that there seemed to be far more teddies than children - and more adults than kids, and this prompted me to wonder just how many people have retained their own teddies, while of course insisting that they are the property of their kids.
Which begs the question - do you still have your teddy?
(Pictures are welcome)

Re: Do you still have your Teddy Bear?

The wife has a one-eyed mouse called Foofees. (He maintains he "can see with the space that was his eye" - a claim I am frankly incredulous of.)

Three hundred and something years old (but n.b. two brithdays a year) and only consumes cheese and beer.

To look at him you might think he was a glove puppet but, no, apparently he lost his legs in a plane crash (he was a famous film star and in fact played "Jerry Mouse" in all the Tom & Jerry cartoon - but he doesn't like to talk about it).

It's a long story but he and I aren't on the best of terms any more.

For some reason (and this occurs often) I seem to be unable to vote.

So, a mark in the "No Longer Have A Teddy" box for me.

I used to have 2 as a child. One that was small and 2 tones of brown, and another that was black and white and known as 'Panda'.

I have don't really knowwhat happened to them or where they went, but I have a feeling that they went to a local chidrens home.

Ian

It's at my mum's.

It's not really a teddy, it's a rabbit.

It's name is rabbit.

My wife stopped sleeping with her teddy a few months ago, he's called teddy and sitting beside me on the couch atm, the only reason she no longer sleeps with him is fear of damaging him. Thirty odd years of snuggling are taking their toll, he can still take a gentle snuggle in the evening.

No. Never played with them once I was old enough to play with other toys apparently. Always thought they were a waste of a toy. My kids like them and it baffles me.

My teddy, Bruno, was a hand me down from my sister, and I don't think it was new when she got it. When I grew out of teddy bears, she claimed it back and still has it. My wife still has hers.

He's a bigger sports fanatic than me. He's howling now rain has stopped play. I'm off for some table tennis practice. He'll call me if they restart.

teddy.jpg

11.32 and he's starting to get mad.

I have a Teddy, actually a Panda which was bought for me by my Dad on the day i was born (1967). It is the most moth eaten, manky thing around - but lives in a suitcase in my parents loft along with old school reports, Cubs uniform, Dinky & Corgis cars and various other guff. In return i bought my son a Teddy on the day he was born (1993), who funnily enough lives in a suitacse in our loft along with..........

moodymick said:
[it] lives in a suitcase in my parents loft along with old school reports, Cubs uniform, Dinky & Corgis cars and various other guff. In return i bought my son a Teddy on the day he was born (1993), who funnily enough lives in a suitacse in our loft along with..........

Your SON lives in a suitacse in your loft along with old school reports, Cubs uniform, Dinky & Corgis cars and various other guff.
:shock:

These form part of my wife's little collection which reside in her office,, :roll: :
[attachment=1]

And this is my state of the art hands free 'teddyphone' in my office :lol:
[attachment=0]

Only kidding really,,,,,or am I?
regards, beejay

Attachments

• P1020954.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 64
  • P1020955.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 64
Rev-O said:
moodymick said:
[it] lives in a suitcase in my parents loft along with old school reports, Cubs uniform, Dinky & Corgis cars and various other guff. In return i bought my son a Teddy on the day he was born (1993), who funnily enough lives in a suitacse in our loft along with..........

Your SON lives in a suitacse in your loft along with old school reports, Cubs uniform, Dinky & Corgis cars and various other guff.
:shock:

That's right! That's what you get when you flunk your AS levels and have to re-sit the year again!!! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom