Table spinners
MD-31335_20161123111939_d155b26b462c29b2.jpg

Turtle Titanium nesting capsules
MD-23654_20161128152852_6407b068b262fc48.jpg

Tuls' card sized tool:
tulscardtools5.png

Two-pack of Zippo Hand Warmers
753_2.png

....and the latest craze -hankies. They're back :)
These by Minh Do
MD-27240_20160923101304_4bb4a3c67d0870c0.jpg

Minh Do is rather well established and have FB groups w/ a big fan base and an Etsy store

Since OrbitKey won't have their 2.0 version of their beautiful key organizers ready for purchase on their site for another 6-8 weeks I decided to spend $5 w/ free shipping on a similar design - but in brass (see below).
Found it on eBay where the seller sells them for $16-18 w/ free international shipping - but also sells them through auctions and they seem to end at $5-10. Lucky for me it ended at $5 this time :)

It's very similar to the ones that Raven Workshop sells but they are $60-115 so $5 for this Made in China version was more in line with what I wanted to pay to try out the concept.
It's basically just a solid brass u-shape with brass washers that you use to space out and secure the keys so that they stay in place and you can 'bend' them upwards into the U-shaped holders when you put them in your pocket.

Might be a good option if you carry, say, 2-3 keys or so.
2zzulhz.jpg

2ikur2b.jpg

n70905.jpg

Last edited:
Received my first Magnetic Quick Release (MQR) in the mail this week.
This was intended to be my solution for how to quickly detach a knife from my keychain - and after having played around with it for a bit today I believe it will work great. This magnet is STRONG and there is, as far as I can see, no way for it to separate on its own by accident.

The vendor I got this from is Highlandhawker on Etsy and one of this MQRs will set you back about $16 + shipping

Here's a video showing it off a bit:

Here it is attached to my keychain...still awaiting the knife as I need a real thin metal ring for the knife's small attachment hole.
25au2iv.jpg

Have you seen a Bucklehead?

24bece7671a2e3e0612fd3b15663e4d5.jpg

I have had one for years. The magnets are strong enough that I have never lost mine, even when I have worn it for moderately rugged activity. The blade steel is pretty crappy, but it will take an edge, just not keep it for long. That's okay, it isn't a knife you use often anyway. My only complaint is that it is half serrated, which I hate, especially on such a small blade. I contacted him about getting non serrated, and he said he couldn't at the time. (Couple plus years ago.) worth looking at anyway.

http://www.bucklehead.com/

Have you seen a Bucklehead?

24bece7671a2e3e0612fd3b15663e4d5.jpg

I have had one for years. The magnets are strong enough that I have never lost mine, even when I have worn it for moderately rugged activity. The blade steel is pretty crappy, but it will take an edge, just not keep it for long. That's okay, it isn't a knife you use often anyway. My only complaint is that it is half serrated, which I hate, especially on such a small blade. I contacted him about getting non serrated, and he said he couldn't at the time. (Couple plus years ago.) worth looking at anyway.

http://www.bucklehead.com/

Beautiful knife that!
Thanks, I'll go and take a looksie.

The one knife I wish I had bought when it came out is the Van Hoy Snap lock knife. It's been discontinued for a few years now and used ones tend to sell for close to $100 which is a bit more than I want to pay for a $40 knife :)
Lovely knife though:

Or it's little brother the 5120:

Last edited:
Received my first Magnetic Quick Release (MQR) in the mail this week.
This was intended to be my solution for how to quickly detach a knife from my keychain - and after having played around with it for a bit today I believe it will work great. This magnet is STRONG and there is, as far as I can see, no way for it to separate on its own by accident.

The vendor I got this from is Highlandhawker on Etsy and one of this MQRs will set you back about $16 + shipping

Here's a video showing it off a bit:

Here it is attached to my keychain...still awaiting the knife as I need a real thin metal ring for the knife's small attachment hole.
25au2iv.jpg

MQR update:
So I placed it on my keychain and it looks good. Going to the h/w store tomorrow to pick up a small loop for the knife to put it on there.
I did notice one thing that could potentially be a bother if you, like me have a keychain that sports a bit steel ring - and that is that the magnet keeps sticking to it.
The 6.5lbs pull force magnet is obviously also magnetic through the brass casing making it prone to 'stick' to larger steel objects. For some reasons keys are not that magnetic so they are fine. Just a heads up as it may or not be something to take into consideration if you're considering something like this :)

TacticalKeychains sell another MQR that is a bit less powerful at 4lb pull force at $14. Also brass casing (they have a copper one as well). Not sure how that one behaves.

Other QR options are of course the release button ones that one can find for as little as $5.99 for two of them
I may or may not have just ordered a couple to test them out.
s-l1600.jpg

I got my ball catch quick release yesterday. Happy with the mechanism, you have to push the top in to release so its going nowhere. Only draw back is it is quite long.

Price on the magnetic one looks reasonable but I find shipping prices on Esty to be unreasonable. The cost to ship such a small item to the UK is almost as much as the item itself!

I got my ball catch quick release yesterday. Happy with the mechanism, you have to push the top in to release so its going nowhere. Only draw back is it is quite long.

Price on the magnetic one looks reasonable but I find shipping prices on Esty to be unreasonable. The cost to ship such a small item to the UK is almost as much as the item itself!

I think yours is the same design and size as the brass ones I posted above?
I after that things like these need to be as small as possible. I'll see how the ball catch ones works out for me - if they don't I might look at the pea sized MQR by tacticalkeychains. They are about $14 though.

Back
Top Bottom