Edwin jagger DE89

A

Aaron1983

Hey lads

Just purchased a Edwin jagger DE89 online after all the good reviews. Any of you guys own one or used one?
After selling off my Muhle and 4 Merkur razors, i thought id give Edwin jagger a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey lads

Just purchased a Edwin jagger DE89 online after all the good reviews. Any of you guys own one or used one?
After selling off my Muhle and 4 Merkur razors, i thought id give Edwin jagger a try.

Well I had a Muhle R89 which is the same head and I found it to be a very capable razor, it was a touch on the mild side as far as razors go but with the right blade it is a very good razor indeed.
I am sure you will enjoy using it. :)

Last edited:
Well I had a Muhle R89 which is the same head and I found it to be a very capable razor, it was a touch on the mild side as far as razors go but with the right blade it is a very good razor indeed.
I am sure you will enjoy using it. :)

Always a good honest answer from you Paul.

A few people have said because of the Edwin jagger crome plating, is that it is "slicker" than other razors against the skin. True or not.....but could be a valid point as i did find that with my gold plated 34G Merkur...

A few people have said because of the Edwin jagger crome plating, is that it is "slicker" than other razors against the skin. True or not.....but could be a valid point as i did find that with my gold plated 34G Merkur...

The plating on Muhle razors is top notch, I don't know if EJ could better it but you may be right and anyway you need to belive this now you have found out your EJ is the same as the Muhle R89 you sold. :)
The EJ is better, the EJ is better, the EJ is better :)

The plating on Muhle razors is top notch, I don't know if EJ could better it but you may be right and anyway you need to belive this now you have found out your EJ is the same as the Muhle R89 you sold. :)
The EJ is better, the EJ is better, the EJ is better :)

Haha! Either way, i like new razors [emoji16]

I have one, I have used it, but thought it rather mild, similar to the Gillette slim twist, I had planned on adding a shim or two,

it does shave great, but requires more effort to get that last 20%,

I am more of a mid aggressive razor type of guy though.

It's one of the very few DE razors I've retained over the years. For me it's not so much a ' mild ' razor as what I would term a kind one. If my skin feels a bit irritated, or recently after a skin infection when I wasn't allowed to shave for over a week it was the EJ89 with a Feather blade to which I turned. Mowed through the stubble in an effortless two pass and not a trace of irritation. I just plain like the 89 heads.

JohnnyO. o/

everyone has an '89 - my first proper de razor, real quality for a good price. you could just use that and not jump down all those rabbit holes that come a calling. you won't, but you could :)

Ive sold off all my razors and given some away....im now down to one razor which is the edwin jagger and i cant see myself buying more. Been there, done that....
However, i did purchase two new creams today [emoji85]
What an addictive hobby this is.....LOL

Back
Top Bottom