Face Lathering - Creams

I always face lather soaps and bowl lather my creams. However, due to me not being prepared to get up 10 minutes early everyday to shave with a cream, I tend to only use them in the evenings or weekends.

This leads to the problem of having too much product to justify buying more. If i can be seen to be using the stuff up, it will be easier to get Mrs M not to have apoplexy every time the Postie comes a knocking.

So, do many people face lather creams? or is it a shaving abomination?

I do face lather creams, takes very little time, just spread the cream over your cheeks and a little on the brush, start lathering and scrubbing at the same time.
Perhaps it is just another way of making good lather and for each one of us we may change the way of making same from time to time (i.e. resort to bowl lather after few months).
I don't think it is shave abomination at all, just personal preference as with almost everything else.

Not at all, either swirl and go or if you have a tube, squeeze into the breach and go.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=545</a><!-- l -->

I almost exclusively face lather. Every so often I get the mug out and try a bit of bowl lathering but I'm never convinced. Then again I prefer scrubbier brushes that are better suited to face lathering anyway. With cream you can swirl the brush in the tub to pick it up, place a splodge in the knot of the brush or even smear some cream round your chops before swirling. Or, there's always hand lathering I suppose. Doesn't seem popular but some do it - I think Mantic mentions it in one of his early vids. The possibilities are endless!!

I've moved away from bowl-lathering and almost exclusively face-lather these days.

I bowl-lathered a sample of cream tonight and, to be honest, I don't think the lather was any better from the bowl. Heresy? Perhaps. But it works for me. :D

I face lather regardless of what i am useing as i find i can feel how thick/slick the lather is where as when i bowl lather if the water/cream ratio isnt right i cant tell as easily!

I facelather too with crEams. I get much better results and if i don't face lather, I always get a nick on my neck. I think this is down to the brush prepping my skin better.

Back
Top Bottom