Face Lathering - Creams

Puck of soap= bowl lather (well ok puck holder)
Stick soap= face lather
Soft soap/creams hand lather as i find I can judge the constancy a lot better in my hand and it keeps things at the right temperature for me........
Glad you found what works for you Mick.........

i always face lather... i found no benefit to doing it in a bowl, apart from it taking longer!

i tend to wet my brush, shake it out so that its just damp, and then i apply a fingertip amount of cream to the top of the bristles. I then apply to face to build up a thick paste, i then add a little water as i go until it foams up into a thick cushioning lather. Works for me perfectly every time. I only need to vary the amount of water and cream i use depending on the product, but the method is always the same

Blimey, I'm virtually the only bowl lathering cream user! :lol:

For those that lather on the face, can you answer something... how do you handle multiple passes? In a bowl there's always loads of creamy lather left over for 2 passes more... so what happens with just the brush?

My first experience with face lathering came shortly after discovering traditional wet shaving. I'd been bowl lathering creams with great success, but found clearing up a bit of a pain.

I was away photographing a wedding and staying in a B&B. I couldn't be arsed to pack my bowl so just took a tube of TOBS Rose.

It was a real eye opener, and so much less fuss afterwards.

I'm not sure why soaps are always associated with face lathering, and creams with bowl lathering. I get great results with any combination, but it's all on the face these days! :mrgreen:

John

Back
Top Bottom