Fat February 2024

I’m in.I have Mitchell’s tallow a Stirling soap and some Pinnacle Grooming samples to use that all contain lanolin.I have just noticed that some Phoenix & Beau soap’s contain lanolin

Last edited:
Oddly, despite numerous attempts over the years, I've never been able to achieve a satisfactory lather with MWF. However, upon moving from Southampton to Chichester, it now lathers like a champ. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the water.

Oddly, despite numerous attempts over the years, I've never been able to achieve a satisfactory lather with MWF. However, upon moving from Southampton to Chichester, it now lathers like a champ. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the water.

It could be a different formulation too. There had been some ones over the years which were supposed to be 'unlatherable'!

You guys who are ordering MWF right now, please let me know exactly what the formulation is (ingredient list). See: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/mwf-reformulation-yes-again.59406/

... of course, you could well be getting the new new (2024) formulation but in the packaging producted for the last new (2023) reformulation. If it is properly labelled (and it should be because it's the EU's outlaw of Pentasodium Pentetate that appears to have triggered this and they'll want new stock clearly showing reformulation) ... if it is properly labelled, I'd love to know how it performs. I'll no doubt buy a known-new refill in due course, but I need to make at least a dent in the new formulation that I bought last year.

Back
Top Bottom