Fat February 2024

Erasmic bowl currently only £2.89 at Savers - ingredient lists states lanolin. Cheap as chips. I dont recall using Erasmic - I'll buy a tub to try it out.
I bought one of these locally recently but it has different ingredients and no lanolin.
PXL_20231124_132151657~2.jpg
I do have a sample of MWF from a PIF hough so I'll start using that this month. seems like a good time of year to give it a try.
PXL_20240201_191540817.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of these locally recently but it has different ingredients and no lanolin.
View attachment 116454

That's a shame - they seemed to reformulate a number of times within a very short period of time. I know of certainly two variations in that tub (with the 20% more full, or whatever on the front). Onwards with the Mitchell's then ...

That Erasmic is still a nice enough soap for another time.

Soooo.... Is the new formulation decent? I want to like MWF so badly, but I've bought two soaps over the years and have been so underwhelmed by them.
Is the new one worth trying?
I would say so without question!

... another couple of shaves on and I am indeed finding that the new new formulation (notice: new new) is rising and actually, I think I'd say it has now surpassed classic MWF in my estimations given the effortless lathering. It is now considerably closer to the London triple-milled style of soap (appearing to be closest to T&H), so if you like any of those you're already there.

Be aware that some sellers might still be selling the older reformulation from last year - ensure the ingredients are as follows:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Laurate, Potassium Laurate, Glycerin, Palm Kernal Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Palm Kernelate, Titanium Dioxide, Lanolin, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Gluconate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool

Notice Sodium Laurate & Potassium Laurate which kinda give this set of reformulations their most noticeable feature, but also Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate replaces Pentasodium Pentatate, which was outlawed by the EU at the beginning of December 2023.

How has this changed? Well, here's MWF's reformulation ingredient list from last year:
Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palmate, Aqua, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Lanolin, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentesodium Pentetate, Sodium Gluconate, Tetrasodium EDTA & Limonene

Several of us have bought the latest formulation tablets from Connaught.

It's The Fat ... without the fuss!

@pjgh would you say the new new formulation requires some blooming, unlike the the old old formulation.
Nope! In fact, absolutely blooming not! I opened the pack and used it. Mind you, I never bloomed the classic either. It's triple-milled, so the water has been wrung out; I don't see the value in soaking. I'll say again, it's now MUCH closer to the London brands (T&H, etc) and so an extended loading time is an advantage.

Having trawled through part of my hoard of soaps, I've been surprised at how many contain lanolin - I've turned up at least 14 individual soaps, in addition to the lowly 3 I've posted. In the words of Oasis "There's lots and lots for us to see ... Lots and lots for us to do."

Fat incoming!

I got a load of birthday points from Executive Shaving (that was jolly decent of them) so ordered some MWF. They were out of of stock so I’m assuming they’ve restocked with the new new stuff.

I always liked MWF in my previous DE incarnation so I’m up for this. Watch this space.

Hope so @WiffWaff but even if it's the first reformulation, you're still in for a damn good soap which is absolutely on a par with the current crop of the London names. Pretty much everything across the board will go over to this newer type of hard soap formulation which you can read more about in the MWF Reformulation thread or the end of the British Triple-Milled thread.

Yeah, hope you get the latest - "it's champion" as we (used to) say around our part of the world. Wibsey lads done good!

Back
Top Bottom