Favourite pens and inks?

Mrs Bare Bones bought me a Visconti Rembrandt for a "big" birthday a year or so ago.
Although I use it regularly with a variety of inks I have always been a little disappointed with it. It's always seemed to be a "wet" writer and writes a lot broader than I expected for a fine nib. If I put it down it also seems to dry up very quickly.
Picked up a couple of pots of Visconti short cartridges last week and they seem to work wonders as it now writes fine. Currently into red ones.
Not sure why I'm suprised really - Visconti cartridges should work in a Visconti pen but they have really made me like this pen.

Like some other posters in this thread I'm also a TWSBI fan. Pretty much always have a Diamond Mini on my desk - an excellent writer.

Got tempted by a Kaweco Liliput founain from Cult Pens last week. Struggling with it at the moment as I'm finding it a bit scratchy. Anyone else use one of these?

BB

At Aesthetic Bay earlier today (ION Orchard, Singapore):

penshop2_zpsf884ff39.jpg

penshop10_zpsb8668a86.jpg

Nakaya:

penshop9_zpsf9b70f6d.jpg

Namiki:

penshop3_zps4438796c.jpg

penshop4_zps726225ae.jpg

penshop5_zps09092a57.jpg

Sailor:

penshop8_zps34971e4d.jpg

AP:

penshop6_zps90cf140d.jpg

Platinum:

penshop1_zps8145ea08.jpg

Oh there's a stationary corner in TSR how lovely :) I'm new u see

Here's a little something I used this morning, let's see who identifies it:

[attachment=9876]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394585222.387367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394585222.387367.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60
I've been using a safari over the last few months. A charcoal in fine.

What a lovely pen. Build rather well for its price and writes really smooth.

I was surprised at how broad the pen writes for a fine though.

I think this pen with a nice pelikan Edelstein ink is my favourite combo. Currently topaz.

I've written with a wonderful Cross pen which I've had for a long time. It was an 18th birthday present. I've always hankered for a Mont Blanc but cannot justify it as most of what I now do is computer based.

If someone fancies something a little different then this chap makes some great pens :

http://luxurywoodpens.com/luxury-wood-pens/fountain-pens/index.html

I've been using fountain pens pretty much exclusively for a few years now. One of the ones I use most is my Lamy Vista with a z24/26 frankenverter so it has the nubs to hold it in place and a black knob. It's a very comfortable pen to use and, against expectation, I think it feels nicer than the Al-Star. Despite being a very inexpensive pen I'm quite attached to it.

I'm also a huge fan of the Lamy 2000, they're brilliantly designed and I love how understated it looks. I usually use one of these at work, often with blue-black ink.

My absolute favourite though is my Pelikan M805 in blue. This was the pen I always hoped one day to own and I treated myself to one when my daughter was born. It's just beautiful. The nibs run very broad though, I ordered a fine and it's definitely on the broad side of medium. At first this was a disappointment, but I got to like it as it shows the ink off better than a finer nib, and it's really smooth. I tried to sell my medium Lamy 2000 a few months ago because I found it too broad, but it didn't sell. Now I'm glad because after I got used to the Pelikan I now prefer the broader 2000 nib.

chris.hale said:
I've been using fountain pens pretty much exclusively for a few years now. One of the ones I use most is my Lamy Vista with a z24/26 frankenverter so it has the nubs to hold it in place and a black knob. It's a very comfortable pen to use and, against expectation, I think it feels nicer than the Al-Star. Despite being a very inexpensive pen I'm quite attached to it.

I'm also a huge fan of the Lamy 2000, they're brilliantly designed and I love how understated it looks. I usually use one of these at work, often with blue-black ink.

My absolute favourite though is my Pelikan M805 in blue. This was the pen I always hoped one day to own and I treated myself to one when my daughter was born. It's just beautiful. The nibs run very broad though, I ordered a fine and it's definitely on the broad side of medium. At first this was a disappointment, but I got to like it as it shows the ink off better than a finer nib, and it's really smooth. I tried to sell my medium Lamy 2000 a few months ago because I found it too broad, but it didn't sell. Now I'm glad because after I got used to the Pelikan I now prefer the broader 2000 nib.

The Pelikan M805 really is a fantastic pen. I have one in black with F nib, and although I've also had to get used to what seems quite a broad line for a Fine nib, it feels wonderful in the hand and writes smoothly and beautifully. The piston filling mechanism is one of the best out there and the pen can sit unused for weeks and will still start writing instantly.

I currently pair it with Diamine Denim and it's a great combination, formal enough for business but with personality.

I own over 100 fountain pens most of which are vintage. Of the vintage pens the one I like most is a Conway Stewart 58 followed by a Pelikan 100. Of the modern pens my favourites are my Pelikan 600 and Bexley Americana. As for ink, I use Watermans and Diamine exclusively.

Back
Top Bottom