February 2022 Acquisitions

My wife was very impressed to be honest - she's sure it's close to something more expensive but can't quite recall what!
I find it similar to Kalemat by Arabian Oud, a scent which can probably be found in and amongst something like Montale. Maybe Creed Silver Mountain? In some respects, it's like the flip-side (or yin to yang) of GFT Eucris. Light and fruity, rather than dark and musty.

Dark and musty! Sounds like my basement. If I had a basement. I lean more towards tobacco and animalic rather than fruit when it comes to scents. OK I do quite like my Gómez Agua de Colonia Concentrada which is lemon meringue pie in a bottle, but generally dark woody, tobacco, leather, oud, etc is more my thing than say Cool Water or 4711. I should probably get the matching splash for Gothic Revival actually, now I have the soap and balm.

Some Los Jabones de Joserra shaving soaps arrived. They smell quite good in the jars.
oV7LYnY.jpg

2 vintage A/S - both removed from their original boxes (which, of course :rolleyes:, I've kept). I have a Hai Karate soap from an earlier purchase. The Jovan Musk smells endearingly cheap, like a Coty perfume I might have bought my mother for Christmas, back in the 70s.

View attachment 84916
I believe Coty Musk became Jovan Musk. I have both and they smell ... the same (albeit my Coty is vintage and my Jovan is current market offering). Mrs loves the Jovan ;)

Back
Top Bottom