First DE shave & slight problems

Somewhere along the line I'd suggest you think of getting a single edge razor also. Inexpensive but very shaveworthy ones can be picked up for under a tenner, any of us SE users will happily post you down a few blades and you can see how you get on with it.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
Somewhere along the line I'd suggest you think of getting a single edge razor also. Inexpensive but very shaveworthy ones can be picked up for under a tenner, any of us SE users will happily post you down a few blades and you can see how you get on with it.

Hello JohnnyO,
Have never thought about a single-edge razor, which I think would help especially under the nose area as I still take an aweful amount of care as I do not want a nick as I did on day one. I have looked in the Supermarkets/pharmacies/etc but they only seem to stock throw-aways in plastic or Mach 3 and suchlike.
will check it out if I can. Do you think it is worth trying, although for the past few days I am really getting tremendous shaves, and learning all the time. What was I doing all those years with cartridges!!!???

I doubt if you'll see any SEs on sale in Suopermarkets etc, you're really looking at secondhand. I unfortunately can't assist with one to try, however I'll happily pop a few blades in the post to you if you want to message me an address & at some point in the future a suitable SE may come up for loan.

Whilst SE shaving was a real revelation to me when I first came to it after some 50 years of wet shaving about 2 years ago I'm not claiming that it'll suit everyone as much as it does me. And, if you are getting on as well as you seem to be with your present DE razor it's perhaps best to wait for a bit before messing with a winning formula.

Victor I'm in the process of moving house at the moment and so haven't posted it out as yet (due to SWMBO's creative packing) I should have time tomorrow.
Apologies

JohnnyO said:
I doubt if you'll see any SEs on sale in Suopermarkets etc, you're really looking at secondhand. I unfortunately can't assist with one to try, however I'll happily pop a few blades in the post to you if you want to message me an address & at some point in the future a suitable SE may come up for loan.

Whilst SE shaving was a real revelation to me when I first came to it after some 50 years of wet shaving about 2 years ago I'm not claiming that it'll suit everyone as much as it does me. And, if you are getting on as well as you seem to be with your present DE razor it's perhaps best to wait for a bit before messing with a winning formula.

Thank you for the advice, and yes there are no SEs in supermarkets. I will keep looking for one and as I wish to start collecting as well, it gives me an added area/item to search for.
Will let you know when I track one down.

If I might make a suggestion Victor - try the blades you have already been using in the Lord before moving on to the mix I have included it'll provide a baseline to compare to.

Victor said:
Thank you for the advice, and yes there are no SEs in supermarkets. I will keep looking for one and as I wish to start collecting as well, it gives me an added area/item to search for.
Will let you know when I track one down.

I would be very interested to try the Lord razor once you had a go with it. Could you please pass it around if that is ok?

Back
Top Bottom